Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading MotorTrend and there is a special advertising section for the Traverse. In it, it states "The power liftgate can be programmed to stop at any intermediate point in its travel to avoid interference with low door opening and garage ceilings"
Is this true for the '10s? Cuz on my 2LT, and the LTZ we tried, it didnt have this.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have an 09 LTZ and to my knowledge you can not do this. I have not heard anyone say you can in an 2010 model either. As a matter of fact I remember talking about this before to which everyone thought you could not.

Maybe they are planning on this upgrade for late 2010 models?

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I dont know if its available on the 2010--- but I wouldnt be surprissed if it is...
Ive seen video of this feature on the NEW equinox.....
Not only is it useful for not hitting a low garage door or something....
But it can be programmed to stop (as if its goint to hit something low)... But instead you program it at the exact height that a woman (short) can reach up to push the button or grab the handle and bring down the tail gate--- vs stretching and jumping up to reach

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
No Power Lift gate on my 2010 :( but it does go all the way up in my garage and doesn't hit so I was happy about that.

·
Registered
551 Posts
danthechevyman said:
Only on the Equinox
I assume because it is basically the same as the new SRX. I also assume that neither the Acadia or the Enclave have this feature.

·
Registered
407 Posts
So either the OP didn't read the ad right, or the dealers are not aware of this feature yet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Here's a scan of a page from the Traverse special advertising section in the March 2010 issue of Automobile, I hope you can read it. Yep, claims "power liftgate can be programmed to stop at any intermediate point in it's travel to avoid interference with low door openings and garage ceilings".

Edit: resizing trashed that scan pretty good! :(

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Must be confused with the Equinox, we could only wish at this point.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I have the power lift gate and when I use it in the garage the gate don’t hit the garage door but I don’t think it is programmable. The dealership did mention that the power gate was programmable on the Equinox, so I would think they would have mention that it was programmable on the Traverse if it was.

8) Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts