Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Just purchased a 2010 Traverse 2LT for my wife with many upgrades, inlcuding bluetooth, DVD player, heated seats, etc. I have 2 iPhones paired thru bluetooth. Setup was a breeze. One iPhone is a 3G with OS3 on it and it connects up fine thru the USB. However, the iPhone 3GS with OS4 will not connect thru the USB. The Iphone tells me that the accessory will not charge the iPhone along with other messages tha I dismiss. The radio will show "Connecting..." and then after about a minute it comes back as says "Failed Connect". Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution?

Forgive me if this question has already been posted. I searched but could not find it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The method used to recognize the USB device has a clever bit of code in the firmware to improve the connect time once the initial handshake with the device has been established. So after the update to iOS4, the host device (Car Stereo) still thinks that it is connecting to the un-updated client device (iPhone prior to updating to iOS4) The updated client device (Your iPhone with iOS4), must fool the host device (Your car stereo), into believing that it is an entirely new device. This is done by connecting your iPhone to the stereo head USB port with the iPhone switched off completely. This is achieved by holding down the top power button on the iPhone until the red slide bar comes up and prompts you to shut the iPhone down. Do this and then with the car stereo switched on, plug the iPhone into the USB socket and wait till the iPhone starts of it's own accord. If it does not start, press the top power button on the phone until it starts. This will force the host device (Your car stereo) and the client device (Your iPhone) to re-negotiate the handshake between the devices and get you back to where you will once again be happy.

The info above worked for me. I copied this from a different forum. hopes it works for you....good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is pretty awesome actually. I would never expect Apple to create a phone that's this durable. I'm still waiting to see whether or not there's going to be a Google Maps application released on the App Store at least temporarily while we wait for Apple to sort out some major issues. Witrigs.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
rburks24 said:
New to the forum. Just purchased a 2010 Traverse 2LT for my wife with many upgrades, inlcuding bluetooth, DVD player, heated seats, etc. I have 2 iPhones paired thru bluetooth. Setup was a breeze. One iPhone is a 3G with OS3 on it and it connects up fine thru the USB. However, the iPhone 3GS with OS4 will not connect thru the USB. The Iphone tells me that the accessory will not charge the iPhone along with other messages tha I dismiss. The radio will show "Connecting..." and then after about a minute it comes back as says "Failed Connect". Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution?

Forgive me if this question has already been posted. I searched but could not find it.

Thanks!
I have had similar issues at different times and usually could resolve it by cleaning the 30 pin connector on the phone. Often, I would find lint or other small particles in the port upon cleaning with compressed air or a paper clip. More often than not, the connection was fine after cleaning. Hope this works for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts