Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I was wondering if you could help me out - I'm looking at a Traverse probably a 2LT but was wondering what would be fair to pay to the dealer - right now the MSRP is 42220 for a FWD the invoice price is $38252

I am just wondering how much people in Ontario were able to negotiate with the dealership - I want to save as much money as possible and during these tough times I am certain the dealer wants to move inventory off his lot.

Anyways I was thinking for a base 2LT FWD I'd offer around 35K and see where that gets me. Can anyone advise how much they were able to negotiate with the dealer?

·
Registered
70 Posts
abridgel,

I purchased a LT2 in Feb aprox 31000 US dollars before taxes. It has all the standard LT2 options and has captains chairs in the second row but not leather seats. We love it and and I had a trade in that was worth KBB of 8000 they did give me 11128.00. becuase they wanted to make a deal.

I dont know what they charge in Canada but I beleive they can to do better than they are offering.

Remember when making a deal, you can always go down, but when/if you agree to a higher price you are stuck. I did go back to the dealer that refused/could not make the the deal that we wanted but would not said we could have made the deal. But the deal they offered and wanted 3500 more was for an LT1 and not an LT2. It was the cost of the negative equity that I had with my trade in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the conversion and 31000 USD is about $37500 CAD which is about (invoice - holdback percentage + a reasonable profit for the dealer[$500]).

Basically this is the max I would pay for the vehicle (LT2 FWD)

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is what I paid:

Purchase Date: Ordered April 6, 2009 - Ajax, Ontario
Model Year: 2009
Trim Level: LT2 - FWD, trailering package
MSRP: $44,070.00 (Canadian $)
Invoice: ?
Incentives received: $5,500 cash purchase incentive, plus $1,000 for not taking that other option with Onstar etc., Plus $4,889 employee discount (my brother was an engineer there, until a few days ago), plus $2,000 GM card points, plus $500 GM credit for problems I had with my 2007 Yukon.
Price Paid after incentives: $34,918.65 including taxes, etc.

Total savings, including tax I didn't have to pay, is about $15,370!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not getting as good of a deal as Gibby

LT2 - FWD
Red Jewel Tintcoat
Leather Package

Negotiated down to 39K plus options after rebates (5500 + 1000) + GM points (500) + loyalty program

40700 OTD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts