Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you purchase your Traverse, please take a minute to reply to this thread so we can see some real world prices and deals that members are getting on their Traverse purchases. If possible, follow the template below to make each post easier to follow and compare. Thanks guys!

Purchase Date
Car Dealership incl city/state (no salesmen names please)
Model Year
Trim Level
MSRP
Invoice
Incentives received
Price Paid after incentives

·
Registered
37 Posts
Purchase Date 10/31/08
Car Dealership Cauley Chevrolet, West Bloomfield MI
Model Year 2009
Trim Level 2LT, leather seating, headrest DVDs
MSRP 38,035
Invoice 35,546
Incentives received -1,000 GM Loyalty Cash
-1,000 Dealer Incentive
Price after incentives 33,546
-3,125 GM Card rebate

Total before Tax/tags 30,421

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ramjet - that's a fantastic deal! The incentives seem to be taken off the invoice price. Is that the current Red Tag sale? either way, including your GM card, $8k off MSRP kicks ass! Congrats!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks. Nah, I ordered this before the Red Tag sale came on. My brother works at the dealership I bought it from, and invoice + incentives was their good deal for me. Having the old GM card program was a huge bonus; I think my wife and I have cashed in over $12,000 in earnings over the years.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Purchase Date: 01/04/2009
Dealership: Seattle, WA Area Dealer
Model Year: 2009
Trim Level: 1LT, roof rack, running rails, FWD
MSRP: 32,035
Dealer Advertised "Sale Price": $28,748
Conquest Cash: $1,000
Red Tag Incentive: $750
Dealer Incentive: $2,000

Final Price: $24,988
Dealer also threw in 2yrs service, dealer paid first three months payments, 0% APR -60 mo

·
Registered
13 Posts
intotheoh said:
Purchase Date: 01/04/2009
Dealership: Seattle, WA Area Dealer
Trim Level: 1LT, roof rack, running rails, FWD
MSRP: 32,035
Dealer Advertised "Sale Price": $28,748
Conquest Cash: $1,000
Red Tag Incentive: $750

Final Price: $24,988
Dealer also threw in 2yrs service, dealer paid first three months payments, 0% APR -60 mo
That is a great price. How did you get the 0% APR??? I did not think that applied to the Traverse.

Just a note, I was tryiing to get the Dark Metallic Blue with DVD/Moonroof, in FWD SLT2 package. There were none made so I wrote a letter and emailed it, just got a phone call, they want to talk to me about how they can help. I will keep you posted on what transpires.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That "Dealer Incentive" seems to be an un-advertised incentive that a lot of folks are getting. Most have to ask or deal a bit before getting it though, so you're lucky if it came no questions asked. I had to rattle GM's cages in a nasty letter to get mine. :(

intotheoh said:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Having worked at a dealership (albeit Audi) I can tell you this - dealers make money on EVERYTHING.

They cut deals with specific banks and get kick back for financing you through those banks
They make a commission off of the extended warranty they sell you - that 1800 dollar warranty they claim is a good deal only costs them about 600 bucks and is completely negotiable.
Hold back - there is usually some unspoken amount below invoice that the manufacturer awards the dealership for selling the car.
Inventory - the amount of inventory they sell depends how much they are alloted the next month, not to mention in GMs case, whether they may stay open or not...
Not to mention service...its like buying an inkjet printer...the printer is cheap, but coming back again and again to buy expensive cartridges....

My advice for buying a car 1.) there has never been a better time if you can afford it and 2.) You should never pay above invoice for ANY car. 3.) Never pay for an extended warranty if they refuse to negotiate.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2009 Traverse LTZ w/o DVD with Navi & 20inch wheels.
-Midnight Grey w/ Cashmere leather and heated wiper fluid.
-Ricart Chevy in Columbus Ohio
-Paid $29,800 w/ 100k bumper to bumper warranty w/ $0 out of pocket for services if needed.
-Purchased 1-6-2009
-no incentives
-sticker was around $40k...can't remember.

·
Registered
13 Posts
stumpk said:
2009 Traverse LTZ w/o DVD with Navi & 20inch wheels.
-Midnight Grey w/ Cashmere leather and heated wiper fluid.
-Ricart Chevy in Columbus Ohio
-Paid $29,800 w/ 100k bumper to bumper warranty w/ $0 out of pocket for services if needed.
-Purchased 1-6-2009
-no incentives
-sticker was around $40k...can't remember.
Wow, how did you do that, what a great deal. Maybe we should all go to Columbus, OH?

dearsmiths

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
intotheoh said:
My advice for buying a car 2.) You should never pay above invoice for ANY car.
Does that advice apply to European cars as well? (ie Audi, BMW, etc)

Man you guys are getting some fantastic deals! This down market is really making them loosen up on negotiations! Let's see who can get the best price off MSRP! List your sticker price, final price and % saved as well

Formula for percentage saved is: (1 - (price paid / msrp)) * 100

·
Registered
91 Posts
MSRP was $40,320 and paid $29,800....about 26%

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 1st post.

Purchase Date: 19 Jan 09
Car Dealership: Novato Chevrolet, Novato, CA
Trim Level: LTZ
MSRP: $45,155
Invoice: No Idea
Incentives received: Don't know.
Price Paid after incentives: $38,650

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cool, Boatwrench, thanks for posting that. 8)
What color did you get?
Hope you consider posting any negotiating skills, tips, tricks, etc. you used to get a good deal in the "Tactics for getting the best deals" category!

thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is my first post. We just purchased our Traverse last night. It is a dealer trade and we won't get it till Monday but we are excited.

Purchase Date: 01/23/09
Car Dealership incl city/state (no salesmen names please): Mac Haik Chevrolet, Houston, Texas
Trim Level: LT2, black, ebony cloth, sunroof, 7-pass seating
MSRP: $35,875
-$2,000 loyalty cash
-$2,000 lease pull-ahead cash
-$750 GM regional incentive
-$2,000 GM Card earnings
-$943 Dealer discount
+$316 remaining lease payment
Price Paid after incentives: $28,518+TTL and extended warranty

I probably could have done a little better on the actual negotiating. However the dealer didn't want to give me the $2000 lease pull-ahead cash as we didn't have a GMAC lease (Honda). All-in-all I think I came out alright. Can't wait to pick it up on Monday!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Woyster, sounds like you didn't do too badly with that deal at all.
That GM Card deal sure helped, with 2 grand. Never thought I'd seriously be looking at a GM car, so I never got one of those cards.
Anyway, got some questions, which actually the answers should go in the Tactics for getting the best deals section:
I presume you scored the $2K "loyalty" cash because of your Avalanche, even though your trade-in was the wife's Honda?
More importantly, how'd you get the dealer to overcome his reluctance on the $2000 lease pull-ahead?
Any other tips from your experience would be great, too, in the Tactics section.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The Lease pull ahead is for any lease ending before 9/30/09 make should not matter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purchase Date - 1/17/2009
Model Year - 2009
Trim Level - LT2, Leather Seating, Trailering Package, 2-way Advanced Remote Start
MSRP - $38,780.00
Incentives received - $2000 Loyalty Cash, $750 Consumer Cash,
Price Paid after incentives - $33,870.58 + TTL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. Great site. Best of luck with it...

I am in the market for a new SUV and am strongly considering the Traverse LTZ. This is the deal I have on the table from the dealer. Please let me know your thoughts!

TRAVERSE LTZ..

MSRP: $41255.

SUPPLIER/CREDIT UNION PRICE: $39074.

LESS REBATES ($4750)

YOUR NET COST $34,324.

ADD TAXES/INSPECTION $3420.

1 - 20 of 342 Posts