Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have ordered a 2011 Traverse 2LT in Granite. The one thing I definitely wanted was the dual sunroof. I had no idea that the 2010's used to come with a power sunshade for the rear sunroof. I was wondering if they are still offering it on the 2011's? Thanks!

G

·
CMUmom56 said:
Darn -- thtz to bad as it was a nice feature. Thanks!
You can go to chevy.com and build out a Traverse just to make sure, but it seems that once GM decontents an item it generally doesn't come back

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I didn't see that as an option -- when we ordered the vehicle at the dealer they didn't mention it. She sent me the specs of our build and I didn't see it either. I guess I'll have to wait until we take delivery - would be a nice surprise though :thumb:

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
There would have to be some shade cover even if it was manual. Of course you wouldn't have it open if no one was sitting back there.

Not having a shade would be pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yes I know that there is a sunshade, but I wanted to find out if it was power or manual. Would be nice to have power then I wouldn't have to go in the back all the time to manually close it. I just called customer service just to see if the power sunshade was still included with the SkyScape sunroofs for 2011. She is supposed to get back with me on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
HUMM I am wondering if it is "included" with the sun/moon roof package and just not listed.

Darn guess I HAVE to go dig in the glovebox and get out the sticker on our car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I take it you have the power sunshade with your SkyScape sunroof? Would appreciate if you can get me that info. Thanks in advance!

G

·
Sailfish has an 07 Outlook and the only shade available was a power shade

CMUmom56,

Your second roof will have a shade; it just won't be powered

·
Registered
551 Posts
its a shame GM discontinued it. We have a power shade over our rear sunroof and love it. If it's sunny out we can just push a button and the back passengers are good. Not the end of the world as they could just do it themselves, however it is a nice feature. If your young child has sun on their face it makes it easy to close it for them.

I would like to know what GM put in place of where the button was, just nothing?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's too bad that this option was taken away -- I like the convenience. My only child is a junior in college, so there wouldn't be any youngsters back there & he is old enough to manually close it if he wishes :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I believe it was removed for the 2010 model and up. Can be added if you find it in the junkyard but it will require a little effort since the headliner has to be dropped.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I also have the power shade and use it quite often -- grandkids, you know.

The one thing I don't particularly like is that the "screen" cloth that cover the sunroof and moonroof do not block enough light. I will, at some point, get both panes of glass in the roof of my car tinted to help diffuse a bit of the bright sun.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It is a same. GM seems to constantly be stripping features as models go through their life cycle. Of course the Traverse sells so they cut things to reduce the production cost and increase profit.

They would be wiser to add things they missed. Like Standard Blue tooth on all models would have been nice.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been reading all the comments to my post, but I neglected to ask one thing -- do both sunroofs have the solid sliding cover to completely close both roofs altogether?(One for the front and one for the back). I have a 2006 HHR with a sunroof and when the glass is closed I slide the cover back over -- it's a solid cover that matches the interior and it just looks like the rest of the ceiling. I hope you know what I mean -- from what I'm reading the only cover that is in the back sunroof of the Traverse is a "shade" -- something that you can see through? Gosh I hope not because I want a solid shade like my HHR. Now I'm worried :eek:hno:

·
Registered
551 Posts
CMUmom56 said:
I've been reading all the comments to my post, but I neglected to ask one thing -- do both sunroofs have the solid sliding cover to completely close both roofs altogether?(One for the front and one for the back). I have a 2006 HHR with a sunroof and when the glass is closed I slide the cover back over -- it's a solid cover that matches the interior and it just looks like the rest of the ceiling. I hope you know what I mean -- from what I'm reading the only cover that is in the back sunroof of the Traverse is a "shade" -- something that you can see through? Gosh I hope not because I want a solid shade like my HHR. Now I'm worried :eek:hno:
It is not solid, it is a black mesh like shade on both the front and rear sunroof. My front is manual my rear is power.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh no -- I really don't like that at all. I thought it was a solid cover that went over each part of the sunroof. I don't really want the sun peeking through if I have the roof closed -- that "shade" is not what I thought. I guess I should have checked another car with one installed -- ****. I wonder if it's too late to make a change as the order went in on August 16th. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Tiestosteele said:
It is not solid, it is a black mesh like shade on both the front and rear sunroof. My front is manual my rear is power.
Yep that is what is in our Outlook. I actually don't mind it. There really is not that much light coming through either one. Would have liked the solid one though but oh well.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts