Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, into the shop the Traverse went, the TSB with the "rubbing a/c and p/strg lines" was performed.

For me, the problem is gone. :cheers:

Initially, a new power steering pump was ordered, but separating the lines did the trick on mine.

Bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did there say where the lines are located ? Awhile back someone said but I can't remember where. My kids a mech. I'll let him do it if I can tell em where. The dealer said when I went back for a recall they told me they couldn't do anything about it. That was awhile back maybe they didn't know then about the lines. Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mines going back in today for the day. They moved the lines and that didn't work. I also have one of the very first ones produced so there are some misaligned trim pieces they are fixing.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
someone had posted the TSB- with an image of the location to look for the rubbing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here is what I did to mine the other day. Here is the diagram of the TSB compliments of Geohawk from the ACADIA Forum http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=6506.msg88414#msg88414. I found on mine that those 2 lines were not rubbing anything or bent so I saw no need to install the hose on them. I did however find 1 place that the power steering line was rubbing (right out the cooler on the bend down) and a 2nd spot where it could rub if the cheap factory zippy ties were to break (on the same line just about where it goes up into the rack). The 1st 2 pics are of the proposed TSB area and the 2 other pics are of the spots that I fixed. Mine did not whine that loud, but I went ahead and did it anyway, the sound did not change at all. Service bled my power steering system and no difference in the sound either, it stayed the same. It is my conclusion that it is the way these things sound :eyebrow:.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6Sixathome said:
Here is what I did to mine the other day. Here is the diagram of the TSB compliments of Geohawk from the ACADIA Forum http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=6506.msg88414#msg88414. I found on mine that those 2 lines were not rubbing anything or bent so I saw no need to install the hose on them. I did however find 1 place that the power steering line was rubbing (right out the cooler on the bend down) and a 2nd spot where it could rub if the cheap factory zippy ties were to break (on the same line just about where it goes up into the rack). The 1st 2 pics are of the proposed TSB area and the 2 other pics are of the spots that I fixed. Mine did not whine that loud, but I went ahead and did it anyway, the sound did not change at all. Service bled my power steering system and no difference in the sound either, it stayed the same. It is my conclusion that it is the way these things sound :eyebrow:.

Nope, that is NOT the same TSB I saw. The one I saw showed p/strg lines interferring with a/c lines.

My noise is now gone.

Bob

·
Registered
139 Posts
Bob, can you get us a TSB #? Do you have an idea where they did the TSB So we know where to start looking? That would be sweet if I could find it. Thanks,

·
Registered
272 Posts
The original post I started about this is called "Whining Noise" and is in the tech section. Page 2 has the TSB and the drawing you guys are looking for.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
6Sixathome said:
Bob, can you get us a TSB #? Do you have an idea where they did the TSB So we know where to start looking? That would be sweet if I could find it. Thanks,

Document ID: 2277737

#09-02-32-003: Power Steering Pump Whine or Moan Noise (Inspect Power Steering Lines for Contact) - (May 13, 2009)

There you go !

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts