Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2009 LT2, and I am wondering if there is a way to add the power folding mirrors to my cars... The garage is a little narrow, and the traverse fits, but I've got about 2" to spare on each side when the mirrors cross the threshold. I suppose I could 'fix' the garage issue by purchasing a new house... but that would make my LT2 a very expensive car purchase ;D

Also, has anyone put in the GM PAL system into their Traverse? Thoughts? IT seems like a good solution, and something I could add to my car on a Saturday.

Thanks,
TheWolff

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Whats the GM Pal?

I cant help you on the power folding mirrors.. (are they available on the LTZ)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PAL = Personal Audio Link... Its an Ipod connection. There is another thread on the topic, but it looks like they used the dealer for install. Based on the pictures from the box, it doesn't look that complicated, but I was hoping someone could verify that.

The folding mirrors are an option on the LTZ, so I was hoping I could purchase those parts, and simply replace my mirrors, and wire in the switch into the door panel.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
The USB plug on the 2010's comes on the optional stereo/entertainment system....
Im pretty sure of this- when I ordered my 2010- I remember seeing the USB available on the fancier radio--- but at $2000+ option... no thanks.

the standard radio does not include the USB.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
forgot to say---
on a trailblazer forum...
someone discusses adding on power folding mirrors.. (the option was mostly for export vehicles).
But he found a place here in the US that is selling the mirrors...
BUT... he found that the switch has to be added. Not only that- but the computer may have to be accessed to tell it that the mirrors have been installed- the switch etc.
Instead he wired in his own relay and power to the mirror.
I believe he does off roading and power folding mirrors are great when running into narrow passages.

follow this thread--- it may give you a clue as to what you may run up against.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=58985&highlight=power+folding+mirrors&page=6

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good find rbarrios. The guy in the linked article is above my skill level, and I am wondering if I underestimated this task. Perhaps because this is a more common option on the Traverse, it won't be quite as involved, but I will delay this project and focus on the PAL for now.

If I make any progress on the PAL, I will keep the group posted (and if I think about I will take pics of the install).

TheWolff

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
you may be correct-- that since this is available on the LTZ-- everything may be prewired and its as simple as plugging in the new mirrors and the switch....
so on lower trim the wiring iMAY already be there....thats to be seen

on trailblazers- it appears that it was not that common and this not prewired.
(on trailblazers- a common upgrade for owners is added the turn lights in the mirrors--- that is almost plug and play as the wiring is already installed on all Trailblazers)...
but as that guy found out-- the mirrors are not prewired...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2009 2LT. Can the mirrors be folded manually. I am afraid to try it, I dont want to break it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts