Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 TRAVERSE VIN # 1GNEV8KW3JJ192184 Mileage: less than 10000 (ten thousand)
Export version only. Country: COLOMBIA.
Many small issues and no fix yet.
1. Shitf to park. When you park the vehicle ask you to put it in PARK and it is already. Dealer is working on that as I write this thread. Tech found a recall or bulletin from manufacturer to repair or possible replacement of some parts
2. SERVICE STABILITRACK. In many and ramdom ocacions this service light comes on and 20 seconds later goes off. When stopping at a light. Dealer unable to duplicate and no fix yet
3. Fuel economy system, it does not work right now, and it happened twice before. Does not turn off when you stop at a traffic light. Delaer has updated software in order to remedy this issue.
4. Locking audio confirmation. When you manually lock the doors it gives you an audio or lights confirmation. It does not work any more. Dealer looking into this issue.
5. Electric parking brake. The electric parking brake activated it self while driving in traffic. Heavy traffic situation 5 mph and the E. brake came on and stayed on. The vehicle did not move forward or backwards. Turn the engine off several times, put in parking, neutral etc etc. After 5 minutes of blocking traffic had to force the vehicle to the shoulder. Almost did not make it. Turn vehicle off and called the flat bed. While waiting 15-20 minutes later turn vehicle on and SURPRISE!!! It was fixed. MAGIC. the E brake was off and the vehicle was free. While this was going on the E Brake light (red) was on, and Service Parking Brake light (amber) was flasing all the time. Dealer did an update to the system and not sure if it will happened again. But this is the THIRD time this happened. Once at my house about six months ago but it took about 1 minute and it fix it self so I did not pay attention to it. The second time it happened to my wife at a shopping center but she left it in the lot and went back shopping and when it came out it was fixed.

The dealer down here works hand to hand to a place in Mexico (Chevrolet help center for dealers) Mexico looks at the issue and tells the tech in Colombia what to do. He does and reports to Mexico. Any one knows anything about this ? Thanks for your help....

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Lots of threads here about item #1. See here for just one:

Can't help on the others.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of threads here about item #1. See here for just one:

Can't help on the others.
Thanks, greentraverse... I see the issue. The tech showed me the procedure GM said to do and it is the same... clean 50 times bla, bla, bla

·
Registered
777 Posts
5. Electric parking brake. The electric parking brake activated it self while driving in traffic. Heavy traffic situation 5 mph and the E. brake came on and stayed on. The vehicle did not move forward or backwards. Turn the engine off several times, put in parking, neutral etc etc. After 5 minutes of blocking traffic had to force the vehicle to the shoulder. Almost did not make it. Turn vehicle off and called the flat bed. While waiting 15-20 minutes later turn vehicle on and SURPRISE!!! It was fixed. MAGIC. the E brake was off and the vehicle was free. While this was going on the E Brake light (red) was on, and Service Parking Brake light (amber) was flasing all the time. Dealer did an update to the system and not sure if it will happened again. But this is the THIRD time this happened. Once at my house about six months ago but it took about 1 minute and it fix it self so I did not pay attention to it. The second time it happened to my wife at a shopping center but she left it in the lot and went back shopping and when it came out it was fixed.

Scary, Very Scary.
Sorry to hear about those issues. On the shift to park issue, it does look as if the mechanic is doing his job in that regard by checking database on recalls. The GM fix entails just replacing a wiring harness, after this has been done, some owners have experienced the same issue again.
Unfortunately some issues cannot be duplicated, this happens up here in the U.S. as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Scary, Very Scary.
Sorry to hear about those issues. On the shift to park issue, it does look as if the mechanic is doing his job in that regard by checking database on recalls. The GM fix entails just replacing a wiring harness, after this has been done, some owners have experienced the same issue again.
Unfortunately some issues cannot be duplicated, this happens up here in the U.S. as well.
Yeah I notice on this forum. Will keep the forum updated as I go alone. Thanks electbc..

·
Registered
68 Posts
2018 TRAVERSE VIN # 1GNEV8KW3JJ192184 Mileage: less than 10000 (ten thousand)
Export version only. Country: COLOMBIA.
Many small issues and no fix yet.
1. Shitf to park. When you park the vehicle ask you to put it in PARK and it is already. Dealer is working on that as I write this thread. Tech found a recall or bulletin from manufacturer to repair or possible replacement of some parts
My 2018 Traverse High Country has experienced many of the same problems.

There are many bulletins out on the "Shift to Park" condition, depending on the date. I believe PIT5616C was the original, followed by PIT5641. Then we saw #18-NA-297 come out and completely replaced the control shifter (p/n 13528229 [which changed to p/n 13534318]). The latest bulletin that replaces that one is #19-NA-206 which ONLY installs a jumper harness (p/n 84733196) and cleans the contacts on the control shifter. The dealers are well versed on this problem and usually replacing the shifter will correct the problem.

2. SERVICE STABILITRACK. In many and ramdom ocacions this service light comes on and 20 seconds later goes off. When stopping at a light. Dealer unable to duplicate and no fix yet
Next time, take a picture (or a video) of the DIC when the happens and show the dealer. This tactic is useful for anything the dealer cannot duplicate.
"Service AWD System" is another problem dealt with in #17-NA-313 (rear differential is replaced p/n 84462317).

3. Fuel economy system, it does not work right now, and it happened twice before. Does not turn off when you stop at a traffic light. Delaer has updated software in order to remedy this issue.
4. Locking audio confirmation.
When you manually lock the doors it gives you an audio or lights confirmation. It does not work any more. Dealer looking into this issue.
Check your "Instruments and Controls" settings for MANUAL & REMOTE lock/unlock notification settings.

5. Electric parking brake.

You can check PIT5662D; Service Parking Brake Message, Red Park Brake Indicator Flashing and/or Amber Parking Brake Wrench Indicator Illuminated.

Also, have the N192266190 service performed - 9104489 Engine Module Control Reprogramming with SPS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, just to give an update. The vehicle still at the dealer in Colombia. I'm in the USA right now and talking to several techs in FL to see what can I tell them in Colombia to do. They had to change the shifter, then update the software on 28 modules and still waiting for Mexico to tell them how to proceed regarding the horn confirmation when you lock the truck with the control.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts