Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 Chevy Traverse. I shut off the car to go into work. Pushed the Fob to lock it. I noticed it didn't lock. So I got into the car and put the key in the switch. And tried to crank it multiple times and then tried to remove the key but it was stuck. I know there is a silver latch inside the top cover of the steering wheel that you can push over and it will let you remove the key. So I try again. Nothing happens. Then about 3-5 min (key is left in the ONN switch) then the car suddenly powers back on. Lately I've had a problem of it not cranking when I turn it over, I thought it was the starter but idk, (no codes for that came up at advance). So I was told to flip the key fast 3 times then put my foot on the break to repeat that step and it would crank. Sometimes this did work. But for me mostly not. I would hear a whine when it wouldn't start under the hood. ((Like the sound of the old computers)). And a click. Also, I do have a leak on the passenger side of my car into my floorboards. I thought it was possible that it keeps wetting fuses and the relay box. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The passenger side leak can easily short out the fuse box that's under the glove box.

There are also issues with the fuse and relay box under the hood. See here:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts