Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
I have a 2020 traverse and has poor (low) exterior lamp illumination, even with the high-beams on. It is challenging to drive at night.
Is just me or somebody has noticed this too?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the 2019, not sure if they made any changes. Fog lights illuminate the area directly in front down low. I changed out the halogens to LED and love the illumination in combination with the LED headlamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Photos with and without fog lights on, If you look at the very edge of my driveway directly in front of the vehicle you will notice much brighter in one image than the other.

Sorry can't get photos right side up

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey. I've got a 2019 and feel the same way. I've changed the fogs to LEDs and find it's a bit better, but the headlights in either setting definitely don't light up the road.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the 2019, not sure if they made any changes. Fog lights illuminate the area directly in front down low. I changed out the halogens to LED and love the illumination in combination with the LED headlamps.
Which/what LED fog bulbs are you using?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 2019 and the headlights seem fine but I added LED fog lamps. This upgrade is tremendous! All the street signs (even the ones over the road) light up like they are back-lit monitors.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have a 2019 and the headlights seem fine but I added LED fog lamps. This upgrade is tremendous! All the street signs (even the ones over the road) light up like they are back-lit monitors.
This means you either don't have them aimed properly or are using a bulb that doesn't produce the proper beam pattern... A fog pattern's light distribution should never rise above the elevation of the light, so if the light is 24" off the ground the light distribution should stay below it all times.

If you are lighting up street signs that means you are blinding other drivers. Not safe and pretty inconsiderate.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got the lasfit off of ebay. They are very bright, probably blinding, however nobody has flashed at me so perhaps they are low enough not to be overly blinding.

LASFIT 5202 2504 LED Fog Light Bulb Conversion Kit Super Bright 6000K 7600LM 60W

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-5202-2504-LED-Fog-Light-Bulb-Conversion-Kit-Super-Bright-6000K-7600LM-60W/272382894905?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Plug and play, and fit the housing no problem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup, took maybe 15-20 minutes for the entire install, Just have to pull the wheel fenders back, unplug the existing and plug in the new bulbs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the lasfit off of ebay. They are very bright, probably blinding, however nobody has flashed at me so perhaps they are low enough not to be overly blinding.

LASFIT 5202 2504 LED Fog Light Bulb Conversion Kit Super Bright 6000K 7600LM 60W

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-5202-2504-LED-Fog-Light-Bulb-Conversion-Kit-Super-Bright-6000K-7600LM-60W/272382894905?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
this seller doesn’t ship to Canada. Any idea where to find these for a Canadian 2020 Traverse RS?

·
Registered
209 Posts
this seller doesn’t ship to Canada. Any idea where to find these for a Canadian 2020 Traverse RS?
I've still got my set, brand new/unused, if you want them. The wife wrecked the car after I bought them, and I gave up doing anything to it (mod wise).

Send me a message if interested!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts