Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are seated and look at my molding on the passenger side there is a gap where the two pieces come together. On the drivers side there is not. I took it in thinking it was coming apart. They got 2 more new traverses and they had the same issue. Looks like a bad design. I can live with it but looks weird. They even put in a new piece they had ordered and same fit. Anyone else have that issue?

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words, but I think I know what you are referring to. The silver trim? I think that there is a post about this floating around. Some of the older Traverses have a better fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up an 2011 LTZ and have the same exact trim issue. Was going to take it back to the dealer but looks like its a recurring issue with the part. Maybe a little elbow greese and glue will take care of it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Same issue in ours. Ordered a new part, and put it in, same result again. An eye sore - poor fit. I cannot find many examples of poor fit in this well executed car, but this is one of them.

Their is no gap btw on the driver side silver trim, because it is a single piece with a divot in the middle, to make it look like a joint. Unfortunately, the passenger side is a joint, and a poor one at that.

I just decided to ignore it as best as I can.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
to double check-- this is the part were talking about right?
this is from my 2010 (spring hill built)

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
yes that is the part and to me the reason it is split there is for the airbag crap could be wrong but that is my guess my 2011 looks fine.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Ive taken apart that area and put it back toghether.. still fits fine..
wonder where the clip is bent or where the problem arrises...

mine apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts