Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten so used to having a change holder in all of my previous vehicles but do not have one in this Traverse. Has anyone come up with an creative replacement or an after market item for coins?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sorry I cant help but in a slightly related matter...my wife and I were test driving a Traverse a couple of weeks back and with the shifter on the floor rather than on the steering column she complained that there wasnt a proper place to put her purse in the front...if someone was also in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Traverse does not come with the above tray? I would think it's standard like in my Outlook.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nope, not standard. GM found a way to make some extra cash I guess. My '07 Acadia had it standard, but when my wife brought home her '09 Traverse, I thought the dealership forgot it or something. She prefers not having it as she places larger items in the center console. I however couldn't live without it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would start checking junk yards for any of the wrecked lambdas out there and pick one up cheap.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I always tell my gf to put her purse in the footwell area of the passenger seat- or the back seat(harder to see with tinted windows)...
DO NOT put it on the passenger seat....
That is too tempting for thieves standing on the corners etc.. waiting to grab the purse as she comes to a stop-
Even with windows up--- they can use small pieces or broken up spark plug ceramic pieces. throw it at the window- and without much effort shatter the glass- grab the purse and off they go... before they even know what the heck just happened the perp is down the street.

·
Registered
994 Posts
rbarrios said:
I always tell my gf to put her purse in the footwell area of the passenger seat- or the back seat(harder to see with tinted windows)...
DO NOT put it on the passenger seat....
That is too tempting for thieves standing on the corners etc.. waiting to grab the purse as she comes to a stop-
Even with windows up--- they can use small pieces or broken up spark plug ceramic pieces. throw it at the window- and without much effort shatter the glass- grab the purse and off they go... before they even know what the heck just happened the perp is down the street.
Thanks for the advice but that is her complaint re the Traverse. With her current crappy Montana there is a perfect safe spot for her purse *between* the front seats. The Traverse she test drove has this corresponding space taken up with the shifting console and such.

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I test drove a Traverse I did not see a coin holder either and thought that it was odd.

·
Registered
46 Posts
copperbeech said:
Thanks for the advice but that is her complaint re the Traverse. With her current crappy Montana there is a perfect safe spot for her purse *between* the front seats. The Traverse she test drove has this corresponding space taken up with the shifting console and such.
I'm confused she's only looking for a space to set her purse when she has a passenger in the car right? And when she leaves the vehicle she plans to take her purse with her I am sure...so just set it on the floor of the 2nd row...

Sounds like she is just resisting change since she has had the routine of purse placement all these years in the Montana. Short of another minivan, I'm not sure how many larger vehicles today have steering wheel shifters and thus eliminate the console part. Good luck to her! :cheers:

·
Registered
994 Posts
imgntht said:
I'm cunfused she's only looking for a space to set her purse when she has a passenger in the car right? And when she leaves the vehicle she plans to take her purse with her I am sure...so just set it on the floor of the 2nd row...

Sounds like she is just resisting change
As she tells me:

She almost always would be in the large Traverse only if we were using it as a family...so the 2nd row would have family in it. If she is by herself or with one other family member she would use the much smaller, much more fuel efficient Vibe. But for sure it cant be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's amazing the small little changes in a new vehicle from an old one can really mess up your personal "groove" ;)

We almost bought my wife one of the Buick SUVs from just before the Enclave (can't remember the name of that bubbly looking SUV...) She was really liking it because it had a cut out in the bottom of the center console that went all the way through, and had a mesh side along the bottom that just said "Here! Throw your purse here!!!" But, she fell in love with the HHR when she first saw it, so that's what we bought. Talk about ZERO purse room though! LOL!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ohh, I know that space. That's why I used to love my astro van. I built a little table that I put in the space between the two front captains chairs, and had my laptop velcro'd down there so I could use MS Streets with my USB GPS on trips. That was before the days of built in and cell phone navigation of course.

I ordered this coin holder/console cover thing today from my dealer, should be here tomorrow.

I realized that that console is the biggest space waster in my whole car. I don't have anything to put in there, so it's been empty the whole time I've had the car. So I figured I might as well put this thing in so I can put my change and sun glasses in there. I have been putting my sunglasses case in the compartment on the dash, but I always forget about it and leave it there when I get out of the car.

Joe

·
Registered
74 Posts
I put this in today. It fits really nicely in there. You can still close the console cover that slides closed, as long as you don't have anything in there that sits above the top of it. It's nice to have a coin holder now.

Joe

·
Registered
161 Posts
mihalich, i know you must have included pix of "this thing," but how come I don't see any photos or links here when i'm looking at your post. :confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
No, i wrote that post after I got to work after picking it up. I will take some this morning before I leave, and try to post them up.

Joe

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here you go. Sorry they're a little blury. it was still a little dark out and the camera wouldn't focus that well.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
...And I thought I ordered all the accessories I needed... ;D At least GM doesn't make a purse holder for it. Hope my wife doesn't read these replies about storing her purse or it will be like :banghead:

·
Registered
161 Posts
mihalich said:
Here you go. Sorry they're a little blury. it was still a little dark out and the camera wouldn't focus that well.

Joe
Thanks. Pix are just fine. And thanks for the multiple shots giving good context of where/how it fits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Place for purse

I put my purse in that roll-top covered area where you just put the coin holder. I pull the arm rest/CD holder back and drop the purse down into that well. Mind you, my purse is rather small (I save my big stuff for the diaper bag).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts