Traverse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had the PAL installed in their Traverse? This is listed as a dealer-installed accessory in the Traverse booklet and at gmaccessorieszone.com. The website says it is not compatible with the Navigation system, which I do NOT have. I have the standard 2LT stereo with DVD.

I negotiated this in as part of the sales price and now they tell me they can't do it. I feel like I am getting the run around.

·
Registered
161 Posts
BC -- What do you mean they say they "can't do it."?
Is it a technical issue, or are they not willing to live up to a promise made during negotiations?

·
Registered
201 Posts
There is no PAL for the Traverse in the accessories catalog. There are aftermarket units that should work but as far as factory there is no solutions. Check out this website http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=10374
I asked our parts department about the nav radios in the Acadia and they should be the same as the ones in the Traverse I am not sure about the other radios.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan, I'm referring to the brochure you get in the showroom. Page 22 has Available Dealer-Installed Chevy Accessories and it lists the PAL. Also, gmaccessorieszone.com the official GM accessory website lists it as available.
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/accessories_details/vehicle_search/Chevrolet/2009/Traverse/Personal%20Audio%20Link%20%28PAL%29/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Btype%5D=gm

The guy said it wasn't compatible with my radio, but if it isn't compatible with mine it probably isn't compatible with any radio. None of the dealers seem to know much about this which is rather frustrating.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What is the code of your radio? If you can not find it you can pm your vin and I will let you know what it is. As far as them saying it does not with your radio show the the one I showed as I believe they are the ones who make GM's PAL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bean Counter said:
Dan, I'm referring to the brochure you get in the showroom. Page 22 has Available Dealer-Installed Chevy Accessories and it lists the PAL. Also, gmaccessorieszone.com the official GM accessory website lists it as available.
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/accessories_details/vehicle_search/Chevrolet/2009/Traverse/Personal%20Audio%20Link%20%28PAL%29/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Btype%5D=gm

The guy said it wasn't compatible with my radio, but if it isn't compatible with mine it probably isn't compatible with any radio. None of the dealers seem to know much about this which is rather frustrating.
I don't know why they told you that. I just bought the Traverse a few days ago and got the PAL included in the price. The dealership add to order it. When it comes in they will install it. They didn't have a hard time ordering it for mine. I also have the 2LT stock radio. It should be in between March 9 - 13th. When it comes in and it is installed I will let you know if I have any problems.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The problem is really that some dealers don't keep up with extra options available on the new vehicles. If a customer asked a question that I don't know the answer to I do the research to help them and to make me a better salesperson.

·
Registered
161 Posts
danthechevyman said:
The problem is really that some dealers don't keep up with extra options available on the new vehicles. If a customer asked a question that I don't know the answer to I do the research to help them and to make me a better salesperson.
>>warning: unsolicited fan mail<<
Not to dis the "average" salesperson, but Dan, it's obvious that unlike many dealers we have encountered "in the wild," you go way beyond the minimum effort. Your mere presence on this board proves that.
I've always thought it pretty smart for dealers to participate in their car-brand forums.
You may not be getting sales leads, but you're helping many of us. And hopefully you're getting a wealth of knowledge about issues affecting Traverse buyers and potential buyers that can help keep you ahead of the pack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The PAL that my dealership ordered for me came in over the weekend. I am going tomorrow to have them install it. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the PAL installed yesterday. It works great!!! I have the 2LT with regular radio. It took the guy about 4 hours to install it because that was the 1st time he installed one on the Traverse. It works by playing through XM1. It will still play even if you do not have XM. It is doesn't use the stearing wheel controls just the controls on the radio. It is a little hard to understand how to work it at first. But if you read through the manual that comes with it, it gets easier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I see that there is the actual PAL and also a PAL installation kit. Does the dealer charge to install it or is that incuded with the instalation kit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
WhiteTrav said:
I see that there is the actual PAL and also a PAL installation kit. Does the dealer charge to install it or is that incuded with the instalation kit?
I wasn't charged for the installation. It was my free-be when I bought the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So can anyone verify that the PAL indeed can NOT be installed on the touchscreen NAV/Radio system? I think that's what I've read, but want to verify that as accurate.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2011 today. Picking it up on Saturday :)

It is a 1LT. It does nt have the PAL unit in it.

I see the PAL unit and kit online for the 2010 traverse.
Are the 2011 any different? Can I order the PAL unit for my 2011?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
DuayneD said:
>>warning: unsolicited fan mail<<
Not to dis the "average" salesperson, but Dan, it's obvious that unlike many dealers we have encountered "in the wild," you go way beyond the minimum effort. Your mere presence on this board proves that.
I've always thought it pretty smart for dealers to participate in their car-brand forums.
You may not be getting sales leads, but you're helping many of us. And hopefully you're getting a wealth of knowledge about issues affecting Traverse buyers and potential buyers that can help keep you ahead of the pack.
Well said DuaneD x2 :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
jchiar said:
I just bought a 2011 today. Picking it up on Saturday :)

It is a 1LT. It does nt have the PAL unit in it.

I see the PAL unit and kit online for the 2010 traverse.
Are the 2011 any different? Can I order the PAL unit for my 2011?
I too just purchased a 2011 1LT that has the Radio US8, with no apparent USB port in the center console or the top compartment of the dashboard. Does the PAL from 2009 and 2010 models work with 2011? What "port" does the other end of the cable connect to on the back of the US8 radio? The service and parts departments at my dealer were not much help. What radios do the PAL's work with installed in Traverse models?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts