Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just looking ahead 4 weeks...or more :( when I go pickup the factory order 1LT AWD (Trailering, Rear Camera) and I thought I'd ask of you veteran owners some organized suggestions as to what to check before I sign over and drive away.

eg

- check that the options have been included i.e. AWD and Rear Camera and Trailering (is it easy to see that there is a transmission cooler installed?)
- tire pressure (what should it be?)
- oil level and other fluid levels (is it simple and quick to remove the engine cover?)
- fit and finish (are there areas on the car for which I should check more carefully?)
- test drive?
-
-
Thanks for your experience.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good point Copper...

Because actually...when the wife and I took out the beast last Saturday, we forgot to look that the hitch, etc were on it.....
I inspected the paint...looked good, but seemed a bit dirty inside with mud....hope they clean it up before I pick it up!

·
Registered
185 Posts
My wife is a fanatic about scratches. She checked every inch of the vehicle after requesting that it be fully detailed and dryed and stored inside on the rainy pickup day. Wish we would have taken a closer look at the one 2nd row captains chair as there is a very slight cut-like scratch on the leather about 2 inches long. I notice that sucker every time I look at the seat, now that I know it is there. Kind of like buying a house... I got it home and said to myself, dang wish I saw that on the test drive. My wife was mostly concerned about getting a full training session from the salesman. Reviewed the manual ahead of time and asked tons of questions. I think we were there between 30 minutes to an hour (or at least that is how it felt) just hitting every single option. She wanted to make sure everything worked so she would not have to bring it back in and suffer through a service visit with the two kids.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts