Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a good price, $36400 including dest. in the NYC area?

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
youre going to have to list the goodies that come with this package.
Not too many people are familiar with it.
I know it includes LCD screens and stuff to make traveling 'fun'.

I think Danthechevyman can fill us in on this too.... once he reappeats from xmas.

·
Registered
158 Posts
VinnyNYC said:
what's everybody paying, under/over invoice???
On Christmas Eve, we got ours for invoice, then got the $1500 rebate, then got the $1000 Private Offer Discount from GM, then subtracted a little over $525 in GM Card cash I had.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
trAVelingman said:
On Christmas Eve, we got ours for invoice, then got the $1500 rebate, then got the $1000 Private Offer Discount from GM, then subtracted a little over $525 in GM Card cash I had.

????????

Last post you said you paid $500.00 under invoice :banghead:

I think it's interesting that a dealer would "lose" money to make a deal on a upcoming new lineup.

·
Registered
158 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
????????

Last post you said you paid $500.00 under invoice :banghead:

I think it's interesting that a dealer would "lose" money to make a deal on a upcoming new lineup.
I stand corrected in my first post then...it was for invoice. But, don't think that dealers "lose" money when they sell at or below invoice. Even if they sell at invoice such as my case, they still have dealer cash, holdbacks, etc. that they receive from GM after the sale.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
trAVelingman said:
I stand corrected in my first post then...it was for invoice. But, don't think that dealers "lose" money when they sell at or below invoice. Even if they sell at invoice such as my case, they still have dealer cash, holdbacks, etc. that they receive from GM after the sale.
I do not "think" dealers lose money when selling a car. Your initial comment led me to believe, with your $500.00 under invoice statement, that the scenario for losing money was there with your specific deal.

I do, however, know and understand the financial workings of Chevrolet and GM, based on 35 years with them.

Your "dealer cash" comment makes no sense to me, however, the 2 % "holdback", as you call it .... which is based and calculated on dealer invoice, is a valid and long working rebate to the dealer, but seldom will a dealer ever sell below actual invoice to dip into the "reserve" ...the 2 % Mr. Dealer depends upon for his ultimate total profit and loss structure.

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so is everybody paying invoice??? I got a deal i'm mulling over $70 above invoice . Should I hold out for a little more? This deal has 2.9%

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
VinnyNYC said:
so is everybody paying invoice??? I got a deal i'm mulling over $70 above invoice . Should I hold out for a little more? This deal has 2.9%
Trust me when I say this, some pay way over invoice.... Some buy, based on monthly payments. :banghead: That can make a deal WAY OVER invoice for the customer, if your monthly payment goals are easily achieved by the dealer.

Here's the way to approach the car buying deal. $70.00 over invoice is a very nice deal. Handle each part of the deal as a separate transaction, don't muddy the waters by having Mr Dealer talk about this and that.

First, get the best "selling price" for the vehicle you want.

Second, if you have a trade, get the best ACV for the car ( actual cash value). Look at the appraisal slip after the car has been inspected by the Used Car folks. Now, subtract the trade from the lowest selling price of the Traverse. Now you have your "out of pocket" expense that you see.

Third, Look at the money ...... out of pocket that you'll be spending ..... what it is going to cost you. It matters not what they "say" they'll give you for your trade or what your payments will be, find out HOW MUCH IT IS GOING TO COST, before doing any financing gymnastics.

Finally, negotiate a deal for the financng rates, if you must finance. Look, 2.9 % is a good rate ....is it the best? Check with your local credit union.

Again, handle each phase of the deal as an individual transaction and you'll be money ahead .... and less confused and or frustrated by the entire buying process.

Bob

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
VinnyNYC said:
One more point here for you to think on .......

All new car dealers have the capabilty of selling their new vehicle to you, at the same price. A difference "may enter the picture" if you have a trade and what the appraisal may be ...that can be a variable.

However, the very first thing I do at a dealer is perform an unscheduled "meet and greet" with the service manager/ service director. I want to get a feel for his dedication to his work, I want to see how calm or frenzied the department is, I want to look at the neatness of the department, I want to look at the levels of achievements of the various technicians ( always posted within service department or waiting room). If all looks OK in service, I'm off to the sales dept., if service looks bad, :help: I'm back in my car and on the road.

You buy the car from the salesperson ( a short lived experience ) but you live with the service department. Make it a good experience. :thumb:

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts