Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We have a 2009 LTZ and I just noticed our right rear and side view mirror indicators weren't working. I replaced the rear light bulb and that works fine now. Indicator signal is back to normal (no fast clicking sound), however the indicator signal on the passenger side mirror isn't working. I am not sure if it is a bulb or led light or maybe something else that is malfunctioning. I also have no idea how to get to it. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Obviously the main indicators work fine, so no safety issue, however it woudl be nice to get this one working as well if it is an easy fix.

Thanks,

Daan

·
Registered
563 Posts
Pain in the rear to do, but not hard, to trouble-shoot this problem I would:

Check all the fuses; there may be a separate one for the mirror lighting.

Check for power to the mirror led's. Use a circuit tester on the dark blue/white stripe wire inside the right mirror or wiring harness to black ground wire. Wiring can be reached by popping out the glass on the mirror or removing the door panel to get to the wiring harness. If you find power with the lights and/or blinker on you have bad LED's. On a driver side mirror the wiring is lt. blue/white stripe.

The LED strip can be replaced. Think an Acadia list member said it cost $50.00 or so from one of the discount Chevy parts houses. Cheaper than the Dealer who will probably want to replace the whole mirror.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Am experiencing same thing on driver's side outside mirror amber indicator on an 2012 LTZ ... not functioning. How hard to change? Any directions or video anywhere? Cost?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pain in the rear to do, but not hard, to trouble-shoot this problem I would:

Check all the fuses; there may be a separate one for the mirror lighting.

Check for power to the mirror led's. Use a circuit tester on the dark blue/white stripe wire inside the right mirror or wiring harness to black ground wire. Wiring can be reached by popping out the glass on the mirror or removing the door panel to get to the wiring harness. If you find power with the lights and/or blinker on you have bad LED's. On a driver side mirror the wiring is lt. blue/white stripe.

The LED strip can be replaced. Think an Acadia list member said it cost $50.00 or so from one of the discount Chevy parts houses. Cheaper than the Dealer who will probably want to replace the whole mirror.
Mentioned above "not hard to do" ... if speaking from experience, can you or anyone provide details? Am awaiting word from dealership and like to know if there is solution ASIDE from replacing whole mirror unit.

Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts