Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else have problems with faulty stitching in their seats? My parents have a mid-2000's Impala, and they had to get a cushion replaced at one point too.

Our Traverse is like a month old, and the seam on the passenger seats where the main part of the bottom seat cushion is sewn to the bolster(?) part that wraps around the side. Last week, there was a little separation in the seam, but now it's like 2 inches long. Just crappy sewing in the first place.

I called the dealer and am bringing it in on Monday... but they wouldn't just order a cushion, I have to bring it in for them to look at, then come back after they order it. Kinda stupid to make two trips to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Two trips is the norm these days they do not stock parts anymore. So the have to order them.

I have never had the seem break open in a GM. I had the material wear right off.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The dealer (service dept) wants to see first hand, what the concern is ..... some ordered items are "non returnable" to the factory, so the service dept wants to be certain what is wrong with the item.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts