Traverse Forum banner

Passenger low beam not working

21K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jducrider 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 traverse.. Passenger low beam not working at all, replaced bulb, still nothing..high beams work perfectly! An employee at the auto parts store said there's 1 fuse for the headlight so it's good or lights wouldn't work at all (high/low beams) I'm flustered, and I don't have a lot of experience with this stuff.. What do I do/check next?

#5 ·
Was the bulb bad? Wondering why the fuse blew. Anyway, if one bulb burned out, the other isn't far behind. They should be replaced in pairs to avoid having the other one go when you least expect it. In a pinch you can swap a bad Low beam bulb with a good High Beam bulb, at least on some models.
My daughter just got a ticket in NY for a burned bulb. In NY if you prove that you fix in within 24 hours, they will dismiss it. Here in NJ we aren't so lucky, a ticket is a ticket.

#6 ·
Alright. Take a breath. Its the computer. Tc.. under drivers side. They are couple hundred then pay to have put in... plug and play thing. So u can do yourself.
So my woman has this electrical nightmare with one headlight out.
You can temp fix fit simple and reasonably fast 25min. If you have one light still working. This has lasted over a year now. Screw buying tc computer everytime it pops....
Unplug both 6 wire connectors to headlights.
6 wires, 3 top from left to right is high beam, low beam, running parking lights. You want the middle wire both sides. Simply get a wire long enough to run across top of front support to other side 5 or 6 ft long single wire and splice or crimp it into other middle wire. If you cut and crimp make sure to crimp working side into this connection. If you crimp a splice then dont worry about cutting the cars wires. Poof you done.

Get your woman home. Its not pretty but after i popped back on front cover over radiator now you cant even tell. Works great and i spent nothing but used stuff i already had to do it.
Welcome. Now get down the road and if you want it done right then cough up 300 to 700 for a mechanic to troubleshoot whole front of car to tell you what i did. Have a nice day getr done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.