Traverse Forum banner

Passanger window slow closing

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Zubius 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Fist post. A couple weeks ago i bought a 2010 2LT Traverse "Olympic vehicle" with 3500 miles on it. Its cyber gray with AWD, leather (black), heated seats, DVD/Nav, backup camera, tow package, and Bluetooth.

So far i love it and pretty much make excuses for trips so that i get more chances to drive it. The only issue that I’ve experienced is my passenger window is considerably slower then the rest of the power windows. It seems to almost bind just before closing. Has anyone else had this issue or know what’s causing it? Can a window be out of alignment? I have yet to take it to the dealer to have it looked but plan to in the near future.

Thanks for any help/suggestions

#4 ·
Had issue like that with a 2000 Olds Alero...started out with slow speed then a binding noise, then it literally came off the groove/tracks and window fell in. Good news it didn't break. This actually happened 3 times in about 3 years, twice on passenger side the other was the driver's side, last issue was a bad motor...$700.00!!! Of course all of it occurred after my warranty. I suggest going to dealer to get it fixed. Keep us updated.

#5 ·
I have the same issue. I've told the dealer the track needs to be adjusted but they insist on just lubing everything. It works great for about 3 - 4 weeks, then starts to bind again.

It's going again tomorrow morning... :p

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies,

There really isn’t any grind noise associated with operating the window, it just seems to be slower then the rest of the windows and you can tell it really binds on something the last couple inches of travel. It seems to bind on the seal the most in the front angled part of the window. I agree that is just seems out of alignment.

I haven’t really checked the going down speed and compared them to the rest. I’ll check tonight and report back.

Zubius, you’ll have to let me know what your dealer does/says.

#7 ·
So, they just sprayed lube everywhere again. When I told them to keep the vehicle and fix it the right way, they looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. Then they proceeded to tell me "since there's no service bulletin, we can't fix it". This was the 4th time in for the window binding/sticking.

Another thing I noticed is my mpg's - I generally get 18 around town, this past week has been a bit better at 18.7. I drop it off this morning with a reading of 18.7 and when I pick it up..... 14.1 WTF???

Last time I'll go there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.