Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 red Traverse LT. Paint is peeling on the top of hatchback. Has anyone else had a paint peeling issue? Does GM standby the paint job?
I have never had an exterior paint problem (2006 Jetta is still looking great) .

Thanks in advance,
TraverseCube

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I think you're the 1st I see of paint peeling.

Ive seen thin paint issues posted- and this is usually on the hood.
Ive seen some paint defects soon after they bought the vehicle.

But-- I really dont recall peeling paint.
I dont think they will cover this. Its almost a 10 yr old vehicle- if your vehicle was an early build and was made in Jul-Dec 2008.

Did you buy this new or used?

If you bought it used, and its flaking, I would say that the tailgate was damaged or something (hitting garage, or rear ended) and a shop repainted the tailgate- and now it is beginning to flake.

My 2003 Trailblazer paint also looks really good as does my 2010 Traverse.
-----------------
The other day at the bank, a man came up to me and asked me questions on the Traverse. Gave him a quick talk on issues etc. Then he asked what year it was... I said 2010-- his reply was-- -WHAT? I thought it was a couple years old, how many miles? .. 137,000 I told him. Man... it looks really good.
I ran into him 2 weeks later. He had gone out and bought a 2017 Traverse.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are the original owners. I noticed paint peeling on hatchback in a different area too.
First spot was on passenger side corner of hatchback above rear window and the second spot was in the middle of hatchback above rear window.
Thanks for response.
TraverseCube

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pant issues

My 2009 Travers has a huge chunk of paint about the size of my palm off the back hatch. Quarter size chips off the hood. Ridiculous. I usually keep cars seven to nine years and I've never had a paint issue like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts