Traverse Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had the same issue when i purchase my new 1988 Delta 88, it was black. The day i picked it up it was raining and I didn't see the damage. The when i noticed the wax was in all the cracks i was so pissed. Before they detailed the car it was not visible. once the wa was applied it enhanced to clear view. The outcome was when it was on the car carrier from GM the vehicle above it must have leak some sort of fluid onto my car. GM paid for me to have my entire car repainted and not just the trunk, roof and hood. The damage was in a straight line over the car.
Wonder if something like that happened to my hood if you look at my post #12 above. It's widespread and I also see markings on other areas of my hood.

My update with Chevy is that my blood pressure is rising by the day. I've been told they will take care of me or even said they will take care of getting the hood painted only to hear later well we can have the dealer help you get it painted but then under their breath say but it's not considered a warranty covered item....WHAT.

Plus get this - they told me to bring it to the place I bought it at for a third opinion (what a run around). The service manager took a clay bar to it and then said if I do this any longer I will do more damage than good. When I got home I found this:

IMG_1774 (1).jpg

I was supposed to be getting an email to send in my pics but nothing sent yet 1-1/2 days later.

Please look at this pic above the spots above my pen (and also the pic in post #12). I see quite a few of these etchings around the hood and nowhere else on the vehicle including the roof. Can this all be from what they call environmental fallout? (I have never seen this fallout on my vehicle in this area and on all my cars I take care of this fallout as soon as I see it .)

Done venting for today.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow! I have NEVER seen a clay bar do that! Did he use an old, dirty bar? Looks like he didn't use any spray lubricant along with it. It's hard to do something that badly even with rubbing compound; sand paper, yes! He was correct in saying he was just making it worse! The service manager shouldn't be touching vehicles if that's the kind of results he produces.

I hate to say it, but I believe a professional paint shop/detailing shop is going to be your best approach in remedying the damage the have caused. Don't know how you will be able to get them to reimburse, other than potentially small claims court.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts