Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I a Verizon Hum that monitors for engine issues on my 09 Traverse and a couple of weeks ago I got an error P0305 saying that cylinder 3 was misfiring. All was good for a few days then the diagnostic code reappeared but stating that cylinder 5 is now misfiring. Any ideas on what I should do next? I’m pretty sure that I put all of the coils back in the same spot? Is it possible the spark plug is faulty or could it be something else?
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
1st question...
The spark plugs that were installed--- are they AC DELCO or aftermarket?

Its also possible you have some carbon buildup in the cylinder or on the lip of the valves sealing surface.

The easiest thing to do is to pour a bottle of CHEVRON TECHRON CONCENTRATE PLUS. for 20 gal treatment. (make sure its not the Fuel injector cleaner- as the Techron concentrate is less).

Monitor that the check engine light does NOT blink while youre driving.
A blinking CEL means not to drive- as damage could be occuring to the emissions system.
If you can- use your app/device to see HOW MANY misfires were recorded and continue to monitor the # of misfires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi All! I a Verizon Hum that monitors for engine issues on my 09 Traverse and a couple of weeks ago I got an error P0305 saying that cylinder 3 was misfiring. All was good for a few days then the diagnostic code reappeared but stating that cylinder 5 is now misfiring. Any ideas on what I should do next? I’m pretty sure that I put all of the coils back in the same spot? Is it possible the spark plug is faulty or could it be something else?
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Back in May had misfiree for #1 and replaced col/plug. Several wks later misfire #5. Replaced....no more problems. Currently 250k miles. Fixed problem. They just go bad.
Probably should replace all at one time but did not have funds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts