Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Chevy traverse with 80,000 miles on it. Driving the other day it the tranction control light came on( it said off), and it said service stability track, and then it went into engine reduced power.and check engine light was flashing. It was not drivable. I had it towed. P0300 showed up on my diagnostic machine. I replaced the spark plugs, checked the coil packs (they were fine) and I replaced the o2 sensors (1 upstream and 1 downstream) and nothing has fixed it. It will be going to a shop but I just want to know if anyone else had this issue.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Check your Throttle body, with the ignition off, make sure it is clean and free, CRC Throttle body cleaner does a good job. There are several things which can generate the messages.
Engine Compartment Fuse Block having loose connections.
Wheel Sensors.
Steering Wheel position Sensor
Brake Pedal Position Sensor.
Brake Fluid level.
Usually a P300 isn't a show stopper, but a sluggish throttle body can be troublesome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed the throttle body and it did nothing to fix it. I took it to the Chevy dealership and they said catalytic converter. But I just changed that and it still runs like crap.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I have a 2016 Chevy traverse with 80,000 miles on it. Driving the other day it the tranction control light came on( it said off), and it said service stability track, and then it went into engine reduced power.and check engine light was flashing. It was not drivable. I had it towed. P0300 showed up on my diagnostic machine. I replaced the spark plugs, checked the coil packs (they were fine) and I replaced the o2 sensors (1 upstream and 1 downstream) and nothing has fixed it. It will be going to a shop but I just want to know if anyone else had this issue.
You know there are TWO upstream and TWO downstream O2 sensors, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts