Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the factory overhead DVD player remember where it left off? In other words, if you stop for gas, does the movie pick up where it left off when you restart, or does it start over? This is a no-brainer feature that I've been amazed to see missing from supposedly "nice" systems. (My home DVD players remember the last 5 discs and can pick up where I left off on any of them). I saw some mention of it in one of the "suggestions/complaints" threads that made me nervous.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Matno said:
Does the factory overhead DVD player remember where it left off? In other words, if you stop for gas, does the movie pick up where it left off when you restart, or does it start over? This is a no-brainer feature that I've been amazed to see missing from supposedly "nice" systems. (My home DVD players remember the last 5 discs and can pick up where I left off on any of them). I saw some mention of it in one of the "suggestions/complaints" threads that made me nervous.
Even I start the car next day, it can remember where it played.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I can't remember for sure if the DVD player "remembers" where it stopped or not, but I think it does pick up where ever you left off. I have noticed that if I don't stop the player prior to shutting off the car that the DVD player acts up a little and I wind up ejecting the disc and starting all over. We've only used the DVD player (maybe) a dozen times though.

Best of luck with yours.

·
Registered
150 Posts
JUST did this last night...
When we stopped for supper, I hit the pause button (up front on the radio buttons), then shut the engine off. When we returned about an hour later, I think I had to hit the Play button, but it did start up right where it left off. Made the grand-daughter happy!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Ours seemed to remember where it was. It was actually the first time I had used the DVD player yet ( still had the plastic on the screen ). My wife was working ( RN with a 7a to 7p shift ) and the Travers was dirty. I took our little girl ( 7 months ) to the car wash, and turned her car seat around so she could watch Nemo. Took my sweet time washing by hand at the car wash, and then was all ready to go. Put the little one back in the seat correctly, and drove home. About an hour later when the wife got home, I then went to move the Traverse, and it picked up Nemo right where we left off.

Nice feature. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts