Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, Back in early September I ordered Blackout Edition Traverse LT, with an expected delivery date of Jan2023. Just 3 days ago I got the call my car had arrived.
I was super excited it had arrived so early until the sales team sent me text pic. The car was the correct color (Black Cherry) but wasn't a factory delivered blackout package.

The dealership is saying that the factory isn't producing Blackout editions for the next 3-4 months. Can anyone confirm this information...

They are trying sell me this car as a LT that they will in-house turn into a blackout edition by putting on the component parts. Does this sound suspect??

Thank for listening.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I don't know exactly what the dealer wiill be installing to give you the Blackout Edition - BUT - I would be making darn sure that if any of those added parts have issues, that they will be covered by the GM warranty.

For example - you (or the dealer) can add tow package components yourself after purchase, but GM won't warrant the car for more than the non-tow package tow rate (i.e., 1,500 lbs), NOT the tow package tow rate (i.e., 5,000 lbs).

·
Registered
2022 Traverse RS AWD
16 Posts
Looks to me that the blackout package is black badging, black bowties, black mirror caps and black grill. Should be fairly simple for the dealer to add these things. When they do it, though, make sure you inspect everything they did with a fine tooth comb. Kinda sucks that this is something that they just didn't do at the factory since that's what you ordered

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to me that the blackout package is black badging, black bowties, black mirror caps and black grill. Should be fairly simple for the dealer to add these things. When they do it, though, make sure you inspect everything they did with a fine tooth comb. Kinda sucks that this is something that they just didn't do at the factory since that's what you ordered
Thanks... Most defiantly going to go over the entire car and installed parts. Already know something happened to the 1st black grill they claimed to have onsite. They were suppose have the car finished today (got a call @ 8am. -Not ready today) The only reason I haven't called this off is.. There are no chip shortages on the car. seat & steering wheel heater working plus retracting side mirrors.

·
Registered
2015 Traverse LT AWD
306 Posts
Went to two dealerships two weeks ago before ordering my 23 True North with black grill and wheels. Both salesmen said the existing problem that GM has is the RS trim. That trim level will take longer to get delivered. The limited number of Traverse at the dealerships have all the chips installed. It seems GM is focusing on the new vehicles and the retrofits get the second class treatment. It makes sense on business point of view for GM, why give the dealerships a share of the profits. No mention on the black out package will cause any delay.

·
Registered
644 Posts
That stuff is not done at the factory & usually installed at the dealer anyways (LPO stuff).

·
Registered
2022 Traverse RS AWD
16 Posts
That stuff is not done at the factory & usually installed at the dealer anyways (LPO stuff).
Ah, gotcha. I guess I just wasn't aware because I have an RS which already comes with all the blackout stuff (no separate package to order). Makes sense now that I think about it because I DID have to order the black lug nuts as an option and the dealer put those on when my Traverse was delivered to them from the factory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts