Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After so much research and deliberation and soul searching (it is an expensive purchase, especially in this economic climate) my wife and I bit the bullet and went to the dealership this afternoon and placed a factory order:

1LT AWD

7 passenger seating, Trailering Package, simple remote starter and Rear Camera System

And after going to various dealerships to see *all* 10 available colours my wife had easily decided on "Gold Mist Metallic".

By the time we got home there was an email waiting for us: "..all the equipment is no problem but your colour choice is built out for the year ..... unless we change the colour then we cannot order it..."

My wife was disappointed. But to get the order in she chose her distant 2nd choice of Cyber Gray Metallic.

Order is now confirmed and have been told that it has a target build week of April 06th. Btw, where in the USA is the Traverse built...I thought I recall reading Michigan or was it...Tennessee?

Anyways we are soon to be an Ontario owner of an AWD Traverse. I sure hoping GM has really got it right for this vehicle i.e QUALITY.

Hope there isnt a posting limit on this forum :pickme: . I really want to know the 'ins and outs' of this car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The Traverse is built in Tennessee...the other 3 Lambdas are built in Lansing MI.  That's one reason we got the Enclave, and not the Traverse....we wanted one that was built where we live.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Copper!

Took out our beast today for a spin...crunched the final numbers.....SWEET!!!
Can't wait to finally pick it up in 2 weeks :) Yeehaw!!

Sorry to hear you couldn't get the colour you wanted....we got the Dark Cherry Metallic.....according to the dealer the BLUE one is a crap seller....go figure...I thought it looked okay, but I do like the Cherry....I am sure your 2nd choice will be sweet too.

Medman

·
Registered
161 Posts
Medman, ahh sweet anticipation. But why'd you have to wait 2 weeks to pick it up?
Or did you factory order it some time ago, and now just have 2 more weeks before it's delivered?
(but if that's the case, what/whose "beast" did you take a spin in today? :confused: )

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Copper

It was the one we ordered...it has arrived, and the dealer is holding it for us....my house I am selling closes at end of April...and he probably would have waited till then, but we can't!!!!..besides, my current car is about to literally fall to pieces....my wife has a car that we share right now.....so...off to the bank in a couple weeks for some credit :) and then pay that back in a few weeks after that...Yeehaw!!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am the OP. So a little more than a month later I got an email today from the dealer as our factory ordered Traverse arrived today:thumb: . BUT he went on the say that during the dealer's PDI they have noted a scratch on the left front fender that is down to bare metal (about 0.75 to 1 inch):eek:. He has contacted the body shop and they cannot touch it until Friday which means that it will not be back until Tuesday :(. Still I guess this is how PDI is supposed to work...better than me coming to pick it up and noticing the problem at that time or even worse at home::).

·
Registered
113 Posts
copperbeech said:
I am the OP. So a little more than a month later I got an email today from the dealer as our factory ordered Traverse arrived today:thumb: . BUT he went on the say that during the dealer's PDI they have noted a scratch on the left front fender that is down to bare metal (about 0.75 to 1 inch):eek:. He has contacted the body shop and they cannot touch it until Friday which means that it will not be back until Tuesday :(. Still I guess this is how PDI is supposed to work...better than me coming to pick it up and noticing the problem at that time or even worse at home::).
Hey Copper!

Glad to hear it's in!!!...sorry to hear of the damage.....ya..good thing they noticed it....BEFORE you took it...

What is an "OP"???

Hope you enjoy it!!!

Medman...PS....never got around to the towing package pics yet, but guess you know yourself now.....???

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
medman said:
What is an "OP"???
Original Poster!

medman said:
PS....never got around to the towing package pics yet, but guess you know yourself now.....???
I still need them. I havent even seen the vehicle yet. I want to make sure I got what I paid for!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Copper, Did you pick up a Bills sticker for your rear window yet? We cannot have your ride running around the big city without one! Let me know and maybe I can get you a little something for the rear window?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You stay away from my car! ;D Heck it already got scratched and I haven't even driven it!

Cool that we in TO will be able to see TO live!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
so what happened from not being able to get Gold mist... to the grey scratched one-- and you ending up with a Gold mist?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rbarrios said:
so what happened from not being able to get Gold mist... to the grey scratched one-- and you ending up with a Gold mist?
You saw the pics. It is the "Gold Mist". A bit of a story on how "Gold Mist" came back into the picture but of course it did :thumb:.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
hehe...good... somehow gold mist was meant to be

1 - 13 of 13 Posts