1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for this! I've just asked the dealer for my order number. I ordered one last week, so this will give me something to watch for the next 5-7 weeks. :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Maybs - while you're waiting, why not fill us in on what you ordered and why you picked what you picked; family needs, hobbies, etc.

I agree that it will be awesome for you to track your vehicle's build progress online while you wait.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sure, I guess I was waiting until I actually owned one before introducing myself and my Traverse. But here goes... My wife and I are expecting our first child within the next week. While one child doesn't require all the room provided by the Traverse, we also have two small dogs that travel in crates, and of course there will be the stroller, pack-and-play, etc when we go to visit family. Anyway, my wife's '02 Mazda Protege5 would be pretty cramped with all that and there's no way it would work with my '97 Chevy Cavalier. I don't buy new cars very often so I wanted to make this one count and have all the room we would ever need (we don't plan on having more than 2 kids).

We ordered a 1LT AWD in white diamond tri-coat. The wife loved the look of it and I figured the paint layer would be thicker than the solid colors. We only added a few options to the 1LT to keep the cost down. We kept the 8-passenger seating for occasions when it would be nice to fit more people. We added the personal connectivity package for its convenience features. I also need to tow a small trailer occasionally so I added the towing package. My poor Cavalier currently has towing duty (at least its the Z24 with the 150hp engine) and its bumper has started to separate. I can't wait to tow with the Traverse. The only other option we added was the rearview camera, which will not only help with parking and turning around, but also when hooking up the trailer. I am glad we found out about this vehicle as I preferred to buy American. I was lusting after the Enclave at first, but the added cost didn't seem worth it. Now I think I like the Traverse better anyway (but its the only one we have actually been inside).

We found out through a local salesman that there is an upholstery place nearby that does custom leather seats that he says are nicer than factory and don't cost as much either. We might consider doing that upgrade at some point.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Cool, maybs, thanks for the peak into your life. Sounds like a thoughtful and functional equipment list. And the White Diamond was a great choice, too. I wonder if they can add seat heaters when they add leather?

Congratulations on the baby! Having the second row bench will be great if you choose to place the car seat in the center position as I think that's supposed to be the safest spot in the car. I hope the LATCH system works for that if you elect to use that position.

Again, welcome to the forum. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybs- thanks for the intro.
I too bought my traverse a few months ahead of our 1st child.
I Knew wed have the stroller- baby gear- and we have 3 dogs. I also kept seating for 8---- and man has that proved useful.
seating for 8 means we dont travel in 2 cars.
Several times already weve traveled with 6 adults- 2 infants in baby seats and 2 strollers and all sorts of bags.
A little cramped--but not too uncomfortable.
tow hitch also for stuff- like my bike rack.

At the moment-- I have my grandma visiting---- that means the baby has his Great Grandma...
in a little bit were going to go for brunch.
dad- mom- baby- grandma- grandpa- great-grandma- baby gear--- and after that were going to Costco--- and that means boxes of stuff..
It will all fit- it may require 1 section of the 3rd row to come down-- but the Traverse is GREAT!

I used somebodys order code on another site--- and guessed at their state.
It showed the vehicle was in transit to their selling dealer.
It also show how the vehicle was built.
Pretty neat site.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It sounds like I am going to be more than pleased. I don't know how I am going to wait that long... but I'm sure it will go by quickly once the baby arrives. Andy, yes they can add heating/cooling when they do the leather. I'd be interested in the cooling for summer days, but I don't know that I would really use the heat much. We do have all seasons here in southwest Virginia, but I think the heating elements are solid square pads that go on the seat and lower back and I would think that would prevent it from "breathing" and possibly reduce the cooling mode, but I don't know... If I did leather I would probably just keep it simple and skip those options. What I would really be interested in is replacing the seats with LTZ seats for the power passenger and 2-memory driver features.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybs--- since you have a little one on the way...
check this out....

since you have the seating for 8...
depending on wherre you place the baby seat.. you will be able to lay the seat flat--- either the 60 or the 40 portion...
And youll have an instant baby changing table....
You can even use it while someone sits in the 3rd row- and baby on the 2nd....for those cold temps...

pics in this thread.
http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=993.0

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
The Traverse makes a great family hauler. We ordered our Traverse a couple months before baby #2 was due. Baby came in February, and the Traverse came in March. We crammed into the Ford Focus for a couple weeks! :)

We opted for the 7 passenger, because we are hoping to have 3 children. With 3 little ones in carseats, you can't flip the seats out of teh way to access the third row (where the oldest will eventually sit), so we opted for the 7 passenger, allowing our daughter to be able to climb in the door, in front of the second row captain chair, then between the chairs to get to the back row. Now we won't have to flip seats out of the way to access the third row.

The Traverse is also a great hauler. Glad to hear you got the tow package! If you ever decide to tow something bigger, rest assured that the Traverse comfortably handles 4500lbs.

Enjoy baby, when he/she arrives. Kids are great! I'm only 28 and my wife is 26, we love being "tied down" by our two kids! Now with the RV, we'll have even more reasons to go out on road trips with the kids!

Enjoy the site too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts