Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email from my friendly electronic Onstar friend. Had a yellow triangle saying that I needed maintenance. Today I got a phone call saying that I should come in for an oil change.

What I don't understand is that my OLM is at 80% still. Don't they realize that I changed my own oil, and reset the OLM? Plus, on my previous reports, they said I could go until 16,000km before my first oil change, and I am only at 8,900km. So why the maintenance/phone calls?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Never had a dealer change my oil and never got any reminders from Onstar. I can only believe the reason for the phone call is to drive business to your GM dealer. GM is under a massive advertising campaign to drive more maintenance business to their dealers. They are flooding the TV in the states with this message.

They have in the past sent reminders in the mail but I suppose they are cutting costs and trying to lure you back to the dealer in a more direct way.

Not only does it go by the OLM but also by time. GM says not longer than 1 yr without changing oil. Either you did not reset the OLM after you last change or they captured that before you did, or its been 1 yr since last reset?

·
Registered
994 Posts
AA/78U said:
Maybe Onstar missed one of your DIC resets :-\
Funny you mention this as I know that OnStar missed one of my OLM resets.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Keep in mind Onstar is just another too that can also be used to sell you services.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts