Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My free year ran out in July. Now they are billing my credit card $28.90 a month. I pay &12.95 on my truck for just plain Onstar. D&C is not worth that much more to me. Can I get a better price on it?

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
I think the acadia forum has a thread on ONstar pricing.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
They can take their onstar and stuff it when my free subscriptions is done. There is no way I'm paying them to spy on me.
The service is bad here in Canada anyways.

The only times I have ever used in the past I had a flat and it was in the middle of a snow storm in my GTP so I called for help and no one no one showed up. After about of calling them they just stopped answering. I ended up changing the tire in the storm and limping home. I also never bought the subscription on that car.

Then we mad a wong turn an lost our way in the Traverse once and they where even more lost than I was. By the time they figured it out I had already found my own way back to the highway.

Useless money grab in my opinion. Plus they seem to have more rude reps then good ones.

·
Registered
718 Posts
We won't continue the service after the free period is up either. Just not worth the cost in my opinion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
we tried that direction thing the first night we drove home from the dealer and we stopped at the parents house first to show them the new ride and by doing that we ran off their course and they didnt even direct us back until we came to the road we live on 5 miles away

·
Registered
551 Posts
onstar has its upside and downside. We renewed it, but I could certainly see why someone would not. I can tell you I was driving down to Florida in a Caddy Srx when I got lost, called onstar and gave them the address to where we were going... They sent the directions to car, had me get off the main express way (which I should have known better), before I knew it I was SO lost in the middle of omish country. I couldn't believe how more lost it made me!

·
Registered
43 Posts
nbat said:
My free year ran out in July. Now they are billing my credit card $28.90 a month. I pay &12.95 on my truck for just plain Onstar. D&C is not worth that much more to me. Can I get a better price on it?
I'm pretty sure you can get it for $249 a year. $149 for no directions & connections.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got 14 months for $249 (they sent me a renewal email saying they were going to start billing me $28.90 a month, which would have worked out to $404.60 for 14 months! Yeah right!), plus 100 free hands free minutes, plus roll over of the minutes I still had. I had to talk to 3 different people to get the deal, but it was pretty simple. People on the Acadia forum mentioned it, and I'm glad it worked! I usually just use my cellphone and bluetooth, but it is nice to have a backup "car phone" for those times when I forget my cell. Of course, I use Onstar to help me out quite frequently, I've called and told them I had a bathroom emergency, and could they please direct me to either the closest gas station or fast food place, and I've also called them to find restaurants, just saying "We're trying to find a Mexican restaurant in the area..." or the like. I've only had to deal with one jerky rep, the others are all very nice. Plus I'm REALLY hoping they start doing the remote start through computer/smart phone via Onstar. I've heard it will only be for NEW cars with Onstar, but it seems like the technology should be the same. I would love to be able to start my car from work and walk out to a nice cool or warm vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts