Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was practicing "social distancing" in my '19 for my son's orthdontist appt today... Had to call and wait for the receptionist to come out and fill out some paperwork. At the end of the *processing" the lady said, " ooh, wow, nice car... Is this the new Kia?" Lolol. To which I said, "thank you, Ma'am... but you're looking at a Chevy." No doubt the Telluride is a nice rig, but man, despite a few minor complaints, the Traverse is one helluvan SUV!

·
Registered
534 Posts
You were very kind in your response.
I think I would have behaved differently to the "Is that the new Kia" comment.
Why? Kia is making some excellent products nowadays. I'd rather have a Telluride than our Traverse or Pilot but it wasn't around at that time.

Honestly, I like the looks of the Telluride, but as my wife put it, "it's a Kia; I'm not driving a Kia."
Give her some time, people still punish them for the sins of the 90's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why? Kia is making some excellent products nowadays. I'd rather have a Telluride than our Traverse or Pilot but it wasn't around at that time.
To your point, I'm not sure what I would have done if it was around when I was looking for a new SUV. Looks like a helluva vehicle inside and out, which is why I was pleased the lady thought my Chevy was a Telluride. I'm pleased with the Chevy, tho... Big, comfortable, good looking and so far problem free. Little jealous the 2022's are reported to have more safety features standard and an auto stop override button!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Traverse has one feature all of the other SUVs in this class do not offer - interior volume - especially cargo capacity.
For whom this is important; the Traverse is even more versatile than the Enclave - the rear hatch opening is wider, allowing us woodworkers to carry 48" wide materials.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The 3rd row seat in the 2020 traverse has more room then the 2nd row seat in the 2012 Tahoe it replaced. Traverse is a winner !!

·
Registered
534 Posts
To your point, I'm not sure what I would have done if it was around when I was looking for a new SUV. Looks like a helluva vehicle inside and out, which is why I was pleased the lady thought my Chevy was a Telluride. I'm pleased with the Chevy, tho... Big, comfortable, good looking and so far problem free. Little jealous the 2022's are reported to have more safety features standard and an auto stop override button!
I know they were really giving the refresh some thoughtful features! Wireless Apple Carplay too! But it's been delayed due to the Coronavirus, last I checked they pulled it from the future vehicle pages.

Traverse has one feature all of the other SUVs in this class do not offer - interior volume - especially cargo capacity.
For whom this is important; the Traverse is even more versatile than the Enclave - the rear hatch opening is wider, allowing us woodworkers to carry 48" wide materials.
Can't argue with that, my response when people come on the Pilot forum looking for the most space is to send them to the Traverse. It's why ours is the travel wagon.

They must have fixed the hatch width on the 2nd gen, our '14 Traverse cannot accomodate 48" wide sheet goods. BUT, our '15 Pilot CAN!

The 3rd row seat in the 2020 traverse has more room then the 2nd row seat in the 2012 Tahoe it replaced. Traverse is a winner !!
I know our Traverse 3rd row is better than my dad's '10 Yukon XL Denali. Crazy! But the brand new 'Hoe/'Burb are going to be gargantuan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts