Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here pull a NuCamp?
we have 2018 Traverse High Country w/tow pkg
looking to get a teardrop trailer for traveling mainly back and forth the 2nd home in FL.
I don’t drive the Traverse so asking my husband to make the full trip in one go is not happening. Normally we stop in Mobile either way but dont’ want to stay @ motels—we are both over 70 and seems too risky.
a NuCamp TagXL—not the boondocks w/roof rails will fit in our garage at either house (HOA rules say no parking outside).
Husband doesn’t want to pull anything too large w/Traverse
anyone haul a camper—and if so what kind/size...
I think having an inside potty would be helpful...and that would require a larger camper...

·
Registered
480 Posts
You can easily tow the TagXL. Your talking at or below 2,000 lbs fully loaded for a vehicle rated to tow up to 5,000. Honestly it would probably be a pretty good experience too, I tow around 2,000 on a utility trailer pretty regularly and I really don't feel it on the suspension much, only going up hills do I notice it downshifts more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We finally saw the interior
my husband is too tall to sleep very comfortably in any of them
even the 400 which is their biggest I think
on spec looked like bed was king size but in reality the interior build out takes up enough space that makes bed space too short...even w/the feet under the low part...
now we are thinking get tent equipment and rent small UHaul pull trailer to haul tent stuff
we can turn in trailer when we get to FL and vice versa—-have room in garage to store pretty good size popup tent and other stuff...
just can’t see spending money to buy a tow vehicle that will not give good gas miles when in regular use—even w/gas as cheap as it is now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts