Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery this past Monday (Factory Order):

One model up from the base; just a few options additional to this 1LT:

-AWD
-towing package
-remote starter
-rear camera system

It is nice having a new vehicle isnt it? I am so hoping that GM has got it right with this platform.

Krown Rust proofing to be applied in the next couple of weeks.

I have learned and continue to learn much from this forum. You guys are very helpful. Thanks for your patience. :cheers:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,235 Posts
pretty nice.
All the Traverse's Ive seen have been white or silver.
THe color I wanted... silver moss metallic-- has been discontinued for 2010...
so now im looking at another color---- I believe theyve added a sandstone metallic.... which is what I would most likely get--- as I dont like colors that show how dirty the car is...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,235 Posts
woo-hooooo
Do you have any more pics of this color....
Im pretty sure that you love the color-- I think this color changes when viewed under different lights- like gas stations, parking lot lights, and sunlight.
Ive had several cars with similar colors and they all do that...

Also- I just ordered a 2010 LT1 with the GOld mist metallic color- and youre right.. theres not that many out there....
I too ordered the tow package, rearview camera, bluetooth, remote start, Univ garage door opener...

Id like to see more pics of yours....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rbarrios said:
Im pretty sure that you love the color--
Actually it is my *wife* that loves this colour. I wanted almost any other colour but Gold Mist but generally colour isnt a killer issue for me.

rbarrios said:
Also- I just ordered a 2010 LT1 with the GOld mist metallic color- and youre right.. theres not that many out there....
I too ordered the tow package, rearview camera, bluetooth, remote start, Univ garage door opener...

Id like to see more pics of yours....
Congratulations barrios. When is delivery expected? Will it be built at the Springhill plant or in Lansing?

Any particular angles or lighting you want if I do snap a few more pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,235 Posts
Tentative build date of Aug 10-15.
So this will be Spring Hill.
Ive read that Spring Hill will continue to produce Traverse until December or so.

If all goes well- I should have it early to mid sept.

I love the gold colors.
I painted my 70 Monte Carlo in Sandstone Beige Metallic (looks gold).
My 96 Saturn also a gold color.
my 03 Trailblazer- Pewter--- alsmost gold.
I like how this color hides dirt...

On my 70 Monte Carlo- the sharp lines cause very nice contrast when light hits it at certain angles... in this example- the front fenders...
But like I said- it looks different at gas station, store parking lots, street lights, daytime, dusk... excellent when I go to cruising car shows.
the color contrast very well with the black tires--- and all the chrome on the bumpers.

If you can just some shots of the vehicle with light at different angles.... maybe even a parking lot...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Copper, how about a pic with the sunroof open? :angel: :eek:hno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE:

We have found that we no longer need such a large vehicle with correspondingly poor gas mileage, and so this past week we factory ordered a 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen (Turbo Diesel with a 6 speed manual transmission).

(It is a little over 2 feet shorter and 8" narrower than the Traverse and will excel in fuel economy)

I enjoyed participating on these forums. I learned lots from so many of you and this made owning our Traverse in its inaugural year more fun, more interesting . Of course rbarrios deserves special mention.

(Anyone in the Greater Toronto Area interested in purchasing a well maintained Traverse? :))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,235 Posts
Thanks Copper.

Sportwagen Golf--- I thought-- must be non US vehicle.

Downsizing I guess you must.
Just today I hit 94,000 on my Goldmist.
Just barely broken in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,235 Posts
had not seen a Golf Wagon...
very interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rbarrios said:
had not seen a Golf Wagon...
The 2015 wagon has only found its way onto dealer lots the past couple of weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,235 Posts
back in 2002 I was going to buy a 2003 Jetta Wagon.
Ended up with a 2003 Trailblazer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
When I was searching for our Traverse, I was all hot and bothered over this '12 Gold Mist LTZ... It had all the options and some really nice aftermarket wheels, and I was determined to look at it and probably buy it at asking price, but it had sold just a day before I'd found the ad... The funny thing is that its Carfax said it was from the same city that I live in, although I'd never seen it around, and I just thought it would have been cool to keep it in the same city, and maybe the original owner would be really surprised when he eventually saw me driving it around town...

copperbeech said:
UPDATE:

We have found that we no longer need such a large vehicle with correspondingly poor gas mileage, and so this past week we factory ordered a 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen (Turbo Diesel with a 6 speed manual transmission).

(It is a little over 2 feet shorter and 8" narrower than the Traverse and will excel in fuel economy)

I enjoyed participating on these forums. I learned lots from so many of you and this made owning our Traverse in its inaugural year more fun, more interesting . Of course rbarrios deserves special mention.

(Anyone in the Greater Toronto Area interested in purchasing a well maintained Traverse? :))
I cant imagine selling such a sweet Traverse in favor of a VW, but to each their own... I hope you enjoy your new Volkswagen and that it serves you well for many years... One thing's for sure, their forums have got to get more traffic than this ghost-town... Stay free eh...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cowboyuptx said:
I cant imagine selling such a sweet Traverse in favor of a VW, but to each their own... I hope you enjoy your new Volkswagen and that it serves you well for many years...
I have had this car for now 3 months and have put on almost 5k miles.

As a wagon it holds a good amount of cargo. As a diesel it is not difficult to get over 50 mpg while on the hwy. And it may be the only (turbo diesel) wagon to come with a 6 speed manual transmission which makes it fun to drive.

As expected with only 3 months in...we like it.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top