Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No shutter but I notice my 2019 when in heavy traffic especially going up an incline where you are going slow and need to touch the throttle just a bit to keep you speed constant I can feel almost a clunk as if it's shifting to a new gear. Almost like my older car when the car downshifts an instant before you need to accelerate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Similar in my 2018 HC, in heavy traffic/stop n go, in low speeds at around 15-25MPH, when coasting downhill or when lightly feathering the throttle in such, it shifts hard or shutters a little. It seems with the new 9 speed, in the lower gears or speeds, it can't decide what it wants to do at those speeds and gears.

After a bit, I picked up when it's about to do that and tap the throttle a little, to keep it in that gear and from downshifting while going downhill and prevent it from doing it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Appears normal to me ....increased number of gears and closer gear ratios cause a bit more of hunting for ideal gear.

Tranny uses a positive Sprage clutch in 1st gear which gives a more solid feel when hitting the accelerator, but also has an auto drop one gear on deceleration to help with braking. So shifting in the 1-2 gear range can feel funny depending upon how the accelerator is worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts