1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
I just read a Traverse owner had the same problem. Can't recall if he wrote that on this site, or the "other" Traverse forum. Anyways, he couldn't get his to start either. Don't know how he made it. He said he was going to the dealer with it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'd have the battery tested. Flaky batteries can cause all types of oddities. I've seen this before in another vehicle and it was a bad battery. Didn't seem bad, but it was. Without enough amps, many starters won't turn at all. But it only takes a couple amps to work lights and radios. A one time occurrence doesn't imply a real problem either. If you find one though, let us know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As expected, nothing could be found and yes, ONSTAR was correct, once the car was started the codes were lost as it relates to the no start. I'll just have to be more aware of what's on when I shut down. Think I will actually turn everything off and see, over time, if this makes a difference. We went through a pretty cold winter and I had no issues starting...not paying attention to what was on or off during that time.

Click on the Saturn link in my original post for more detail.

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jim had same problem, just got my '10 T back from dealer today, 12/28/10, they claim TSB for cover on wiring harness, documents below:

PI-0220--Doc ID-2527073-- Properly route and cover harness at corner head.

Not sure where that harness is but beleive it to be in battery compartment, I had exact same sysmptoms as you, time will tell if it is fixed but there is a TSB on the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts