Traverse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am really hoping someone can finally help me on here, I have been without sound in my car for over a month because I cannot find the problem. I bought a used 2012 Chevy Traverse LTZ model with the DVD system. After about a month of owning the car, the sound completely went out. I have a touch screen radio that still seems to work properly as well as the DVD player, just no sound. I have also noticed that there is no sound for any beeping (i.e. seat belt, backing up, or turning signal). Only one time has it randomly turned back on but as soon as I turned the car off and returned no sound. I have exhausted my measures, I have looked at fuses (all seem to be fine), I have replaced the amp with a new factory amp, and I have even taken it to a dealer. The dealer said that they believe I have a faulty radio, the dealer I bought the car from won't has said it's my problem since the car is off their lot. Just frustrated and would love sound back in my car, if you know what I mean. If you have any ideas or help please let me know!

My newest idea is to buy an aftermarket radio but worried this won't be the fix (the factor ones are expensive). I've only had the car for two months, please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2012. I didn't have the DVD system but it turned out to be the drivers door speaker. I was told, by the dealer, all sounds go through the radio system. I also read, in this forum, that the speakers are a problem in the Traverse. You could try unplugging the wiring harness on the drivers door and see if any connector pins are corroded or broken. If you are able to do a speaker swap there's nothing special about the speakers in the Traverse. You can match up the drivers door speaker with a replacement at a parts store. There are videos on youtube about getting the job done. I may be wrong about it being the speaker but, it's a lot less expensive than replacing the radio.

From my experience..
When I unplugged the harness on my car it was full of water. I checked all of the harness connections and they all had water. When I went to the dealer I was told that even though it was within the 30 day warranty time, they didn't cover water problems... so.... I replaced the speaker, coated all connector pins with Dielectric Grease to slow down any corrosion and cut drain holes in each low point of the harness rubber casings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts