Traverse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of doing research, test-driving, and waiting for the time to be right, we bought our new silver 2010 AWD LTZ Wednesday and picked it up yesterday. It rolled off the truck about 10 days ago and had 4 miles on it when we left the dealer. I have never had a brand new vehicle of my own and (other than getting married, having our boys, or buying our home) never been so nervous/excited about something.

I had to modify (make smaller) the work bench at the front of our one-car garage because the Traverse needed more room than our trade-in (Buick Regal GSE). After that was done, we loaded our good friends and their son into the Traverse and went out to dinner and drove around town for about 45 minutes last evening. Three kids (8, 7, and 5) in the rear seat and adults in first and second row seats. All were comfortable and enjoyed the ride. I let my buddy Dave drive a while last night and he was very impressed. Even with the tire profile on the 20" wheels he commented that the ride was much to his liking (they drive a 1998 Toyota 4-Runner 4WD).

We look forward to many reliable miles with this vehicle. We have a long trip to Tucson in March and can't wait to see how the Traverse does.

Thanks for having me.

Todd

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Toddzilla67 said:
After months of doing research, test-driving, and waiting for the time to be right, we bought our new silver 2010 AWD LTZ Wednesday and picked it up yesterday. It rolled off the truck about 10 days ago and had 4 miles on it when we left the dealer. I have never had a brand new vehicle of my own and (other than getting married, having our boys, or buying our home) never been so nervous/excited about something.

I had to modify (make smaller) the work bench at the front of our one-car garage because the Traverse needed more room than our trade-in (Buick Regal GSE). After that was done, we loaded our good friends and their son into the Traverse and went out to dinner and drove around town for about 45 minutes last evening. Three kids (8, 7, and 5) in the rear seat and adults in first and second row seats. All were comfortable and enjoyed the ride. I let my buddy Dave drive a while last night and he was very impressed. Even with the tire profile on the 20" wheels he commented that the ride was much to his liking (they drive a 1998 Toyota 4-Runner 4WD).

We look forward to many reliable miles with this vehicle. We have a long trip to Tucson in March and can't wait to see how the Traverse does.

Thanks for having me.

Todd
Todd,

Congrats on your purchase, you'll like this site, for there are good folks here to assist with your needs.

Bob

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
the 18 inch travys out there are even smoother....
as I test drove one with 20's and ended up with one with 18's....

glad you bought a trav.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations! That sounds like a well-considered buying process and you ended up with a good vehicle!

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Welcome Toddzilla67!

We can't wait for ours to come in! I was just at the dealer today changing the colour we ordered from Midnight Blue Metallic to Cyber Gray Metallic. I think the blue is too dark, too close to black.

Have fun with the traverse, and report back often, good or bad news.

Regards,

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind welcome people.

Well, we had to pick this thing up with no time to have the salesman give us a once over with the vehicle. I have figured some things out on my own, but I'm afraid of launching a nuclear strike if I push an unknown button. I am taking it to him later this week to make sure we haven't missed anything. The wife is driving it all over town today with the kids--I'll get a full report with an ear-to-ear grin I'm sure.

Quantum, we wanted Dark Blue (sure is pretty), Dark Crimson (formerly Cherry), Cyber Gray, or Silver Ice. Silver was probably last on the list, but I'm glad we got it. Trouble is there are alot of silver cars on the road, but I think the Traverse really stands out style-wise. The more I look at ours the more I love it. I put 20 miles on it yesterday because I couldn't bring myself to get out of it. The Traverse got more than its share of looks, too. I haven't seen many around here, but I see more all the time.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I'm glad that we switched colours. I received an email today from a dealer in Toronto (about an hour from here), I had asked them to take a picture of Midnight Blue Metallic and email it to me. He said that in the photo it looked too much like black, so he didn't bother to attach the pic. I really like dark blue, and in certain light conditions it looks awesome!! I'm just afraid of all the washing I would have to do. I love to have a clean vehicle, and with all the road salt up here in the winter, the dark blue was asking for trouble.

Glad you are enjoying the ride so much! I'm not expecting mine before May 2010.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're waiting that long you may get a 2011 model (from what my dealer told me). Manufacturing is still on hold until things get going in Michigan, yes? And new ones won't be rolling of the line until April sometime?

BTW, I almost bought a Cyber Gray LTZ (nice looking color of gray) Wednesday but the salesman made a mistake and had to retract an offer he made me. So I left (upset but understanding) and drove back to my home-town dealership and made my deal there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know what you mean about the blue and cleaning. We have the Black Granite Traverse and it gets parked in a red dirt field at work. But since the paint is metallic the dirt isnt that visible some of the time. But then again in the sun its sticks out a lot. But the blue shouldnt be as bad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How dirty they are and sunlight really affects some of the colors. We have a red jewel 09 LT2 and when it's dirty and on a cloudy day it looks maroon.
But when it's clean and in the sun it looks amazing. We have a Sandstone 05 Silverado and a light green 03 Trailblazer (only made that color a year or two) and when they are cleaned up they don't look that great but when they're filthy they still don't really look that bad.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Well my contract says that we are going to get an 2010, but the salesperson was smiling when he said it. I don't know what will happen, I hope we have it before the summer. I don't know what happens if things roll into 2011 MY. Does the contract still hold up?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not knowing how your deal is structured, and I am guessing here, I would still think you are entitled to current model year with your order. The last I heard was that Traverse production is done until April sometime and those rolling off the relocated assembly line will be 2011 model year vehicles. I cannot confirm this information, it is only what I was told at my dealership. I would think someone on this forum could confirm this information.

I still think you'll be happy with what you get.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I wonder if when the dealer submits the order (which I am assuming he is doing/or has done), if he will get an estimated build date. How long does it generally take for a dealer to get feedback from GM about the status of a vehicle?

I hope we get a 2010, because if we end up in 2011 MY, I'm sure the pricing changes, and so do the incentives. At least with the 2010 MY, I can't lose the incentives that I had.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to have to defer to others on this one.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
when Springfield went down at the end of November- its supposed to be 3 month downtime. so end of Feb-- beginning of March is the return to production....
And im pretty sure that they will be 2010's...
next model year vehicles usually begin to roll off the assembly lines around July/Aug for GM....
TOyota is the one that sells next model year very very early....

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good info--thanks!

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts