Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a call from my dealership today and they informed me that as of today GM is no longer offering leases on new vehicles. They have been informed by GM that they are going to offer longer terms and much lower interest rates to bring in the average lease costomer and get them to purchase vehicles at a very similar cost to what they would have been leasing them at.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Wow, it was just announced last week on the news that GM would continue their leasing program, right after Chrysler made their announcement they were dropping it. I guess on second thought, it was a risk GM wasn't willing (able) to make.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya the dealerships are now scrambling to find a 3rd party leaseing company to take over the lease options left behing by GMAC in Canada.

·
Registered
17 Posts
admin said:
Wow, it was just announced last week on the news that GM would continue their leasing program, right after Chrysler made their announcement they were dropping it. I guess on second thought, it was a risk GM wasn't willing (able) to make.
GM is still leasing in the U.S. (for now anyway), just not in Canada.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loach said:
GM is still leasing in the U.S. (for now anyway), just not in Canada.
Well it was just said GMAC will offer leases in Canada but at an interest rate of 18.9% compared to purchase rates of 0% and .9% hmm let me see what should I do LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts