Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 traverse that said low oil pressure, so I parked it and after fooling with it and it sitting for 3 days I tried to crank it but it never fired off. I figured out the fuel pump wasn’t turning on, so long story short I replaced the fuel pump and turn the key on and the pump still isn’t working. I haven’t tested any fuses yet but just curious if anyone else has had this issue? This car has been nothing but a money pit. We’ve put 35k mikes on it in 5 years and spent about 20k in those 5 years.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Which fuel pump did you replace, there are two. One pump from tank to engine and a high pressure, mounted on the engine, driven by the cam shaft supplying the fuel rail.

·
Registered
11,174 Posts
sorry- the picture is gone.
But this connector is under the car- essentially where the drivers seat is.

Inoperative Fuel Gauge and Hard Start/No Start Condition

Some 2008-2012 Enclave, 2009-2012 Traverse, 2007-2012 Acadia and 2007-2010 Outlook models may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

• Engine is hard to start
• Engine will not start
• Engine starts, then stalls
• Fuel gauge is inoperative or fluctuates
• Service Engine Soon/Check Engine light is illuminated

These conditions, which may be intermittent and have various DTCs set, may be due to the fuel tank harness to body harness retainer slipping on the tubing, putting pressure on the harness and causing connector X305 to become partially separated or not fully seated. (Fig. 13)

Fig 13

Inspect connector X305 to make sure that it is fully seated. If the connector is not fully seated, inspect the terminals at connector X305 for corrosion. If the terminals show signs of corrosion, replace the corroded terminals.

Remove the wire harness retaining clip from the steel lines (Fig. 14, Position 1) and reposition it in front of the steel line support to prevent it from sliding. (Fig. 14. Position 2)

·
Registered
11,174 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which fuel pump did you replace, there are two. One pump from tank to engine and a high pressure, mounted on the engine, driven by the cam shaft supplying the fuel rail.
I replaced the one in the tank because there was no fuel pressure at the fuel rail. Someone told me I would still have fuel pressure at the rail if the high pressure pump failed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry- the picture is gone.
But this connector is under the car- essentially where the drivers seat is.

Inoperative Fuel Gauge and Hard Start/No Start Condition

Some 2008-2012 Enclave, 2009-2012 Traverse, 2007-2012 Acadia and 2007-2010 Outlook models may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

• Engine is hard to start
• Engine will not start
• Engine starts, then stalls
• Fuel gauge is inoperative or fluctuates
• Service Engine Soon/Check Engine light is illuminated

These conditions, which may be intermittent and have various DTCs set, may be due to the fuel tank harness to body harness retainer slipping on the tubing, putting pressure on the harness and causing connector X305 to become partially separated or not fully seated. (Fig. 13)

Fig 13

Inspect connector X305 to make sure that it is fully seated. If the connector is not fully seated, inspect the terminals at connector X305 for corrosion. If the terminals show signs of corrosion, replace the corroded terminals.

Remove the wire harness retaining clip from the steel lines (Fig. 14, Position 1) and reposition it in front of the steel line support to prevent it from sliding. (Fig. 14. Position 2)
I have power at the plug under the driver seat but I don’t have power at the other plug at the back of the vehicle right behind the gas tank, right next to the face. So I’m gonna drop the tank and make sure the connectors going to the pump itself are on and that there isn’t any bent terminals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have power at the plug under the driver seat but I don’t have power at the other plug at the back of the vehicle right behind the gas tank, right next to the face. So I’m gonna drop the tank and make sure the connectors going to the pump itself are on and that there isn’t any bent terminals.
Not face. I meant the fscm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts