Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2011 LT2 about 10 days ago. I factory ordered it and when I picked it up it had no floor mats. My salesperson told me it didn't come with my options. I told him I that I was sure it was a standard interior option in all models. He gave me a set of non matching ones for now but has not returned two phone calls in the last four days. I think that he thinks he is doing me some kind of favor. My next call is to the manager of the dealership. Am I wrong? Are the mats extra(all three rows)? MSRP $37,790 no mats what a joke.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Any chance they are in the rear storage area behind the rear seat?

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Standard equip. Too bad you didn't hold back $500 from your payment. That would give them some incentive to get you some floor mats! Probably got taken out at the dealership for delivery prep. Can't imagine they got missed at the factory. Good luck. Your cheque is cashed, and they probably don't even know your name anymore. That's the way it goes with salespeople sometimes.

·
Registered
718 Posts
When we test drove ours, they were in the rear storage area. At delivery they were installed. You should definitely get floor mats.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yep, you've been more than patient. With 4 days gone, the sales manager has to be told and then let us all know what he does for you.

One thing this reminds me of, however, is that in Traverse you have a car that lists for $35,000+ and they can't throw in a stinking $15 plastic coin tray that goes in the top of the front console. Cheap, cheap!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I would definitely be calling the General Manager, and from there, asking for something else for you ignorant, and troublesome salesperson. Can't hurt to ask for a few free L.O.F.'s while you're on the phone.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
That happened to me once the worst part is I bought a new Demo Grand Prix GTP and it had factory floor mats in it when I test drove it.

I got a great deal on the car and when I showed up to pick it up all the mats were gone.

Got the same line of BS not included even though I know it had them.

I'm sure someone at the lot aka another sales person stole them to put in a low end model.

I raised heck and they ordered me new ones.

Forget the salesman go to the Sale manager or general manager if you can get near him.

·
Registered
860 Posts
It's for reasons just like this that I have a relationship with the man whose name is on the sign out front.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to the manager today and told him my story. He was not pleased with his salesman and told me they had to order the mats. He said he was sorry and would call as soon as they were in. I'll update you when they come in.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would make them give it a free wash & detail just for BSing me.They are standard equip.

·
Registered
551 Posts
mckay99 said:
I would make them give it a free wash & detail just for BSing me.They are standard equip.
I never let the dealer wash my car, they are horrible and scratch it! When I take my car in for service I always say no wash please. They drive it through an automatic wash. I am anal I know, but no high speed brushes on my black car!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
mckay99 said:
If they are dense enough to try and pass a NEW car as not having mats, you could bet your Donkey that I wouldn't let them touch my car.

Even when we purchased our Traverse, and previous GP GXP New, I told them I just wanted the PDI, no wash or anything, I would do it. The majority of dealerships' detail departments don't know how to properly care for a car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts