Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I *think* I discovered that a US purchased Traverse/Lambda have the 3 specific numbers on the coolant temp. gauge shown in the instrument cluster; specifically the low at 160, nid at 210 and high at 260. However the Canadian bound Traverse/Lambda have only the tick marks i.e no actual numbers :eek:. Check your Canadian Traverse to confirm. I wonder why this would be :-\.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, my Canadian Traverse is the same - and this is confirmed on page 3-38 of the 2009 owner's manual. Numbers for the voltmeter but not for the temp gauge.

Other differences in instrumentation between US & Canada;
1) For the Passenger Airbag Status - the US models actually say "Passenger Airbag OFF ON"... The Canadian models get two graphic symbols (which IMO are not very intuitive)
2) For the Brake System Warning Light - the US models actually say "BRAKE".... The Canadian models get a graphic symbol (my wife would prefer the word BRAKE for when she gets in after I've parked & used the parking brake.....the Traverse isn't that soundproof when she's cursing my name....the symbol just wasn't intuitive to tell her that the parking brake was set).
3) For the Fuel Gauge - the US models have "E" & "F"... The Canadian models have graphics

Maybe it's because the US Models are "English" but the Canadian Models aren't.....they're "Metric" :D

GM could save some money by just using the same instrumentation. I love how the speedo needle moves from 100 to 60 when you change from Metric to English :thumb: No more guessing speed when we cross the border, and GM doesn't need to use a KM/H outside, MPH inside, speedo gauge for Canada, and vice versa for the US. Now that's smart!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
yeah- in our impala- Ive tried swapping from MPH to KPH and that needle swings fast...
aslo keep in KPH and then tell your passengers--- F*** it... im gonna speed---and youre doing 60-70 mph-- and the KPH shows much higher speed.... freaks them out....... hehe

·
Registered
44 Posts
LOL that would be funny.

Particularly for our significant-other right-seat driver :angryfire: "You DO know it's a 65 zone... so why are you doin a buck ten?!?!?!"

·
Registered
113 Posts
rbarrios said:
yeah- in our impala- Ive tried swapping from MPH to KPH and that needle swings fast...
aslo keep in KPH and then tell your passengers--- F*** it... im gonna speed---and youre doing 60-70 mph-- and the KPH shows much higher speed.... freaks them out....... hehe
LMFAO!!!

Medman :beer:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Double K said:
Yes, my Canadian Traverse is the same - and this is confirmed on page 3-38 of the 2009 owner's manual. Numbers for the voltmeter but not for the temp gauge.
Nicely researched Kyle. When I had looked in the manual I saw only the picture on 3-31 which shows the 3 numbers but has the disclaimer ``Canada similar``.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts