1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
andylibby said:
I noticed a link in the article that took me to an article about the new Cadillac Lambda SUV complete with a couple of photos. They talk like it's a done deal. I like it! :thumb: See below for the link:
This same pic was talked about on the Enclave forum; kinda looks like an Acadia :thumb:

·
Registered
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like it has the Caddy front end.
Traverse side mirrors.
from the front door- going back- Acadia side look.
Roof rack appears to be Acadia.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There. Deleted my duplicate and bumped this thread. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe... consolidation...

·
Registered
229 Posts
that's all I get road test page also? nothing about suspension :banghead:

·
Registered
350 Posts
beat ya... amazing what google will do...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks. I am looking for some assurance that a big trailer is not going to wag this vehicle left and right. A Canadian RV webpage author said that low profile tires have a slight advantage over normal tires. His favorite vehicle a few years ago was the Ford Freestar. Minivans have a quite low center of gravity. That simple axle is a natural for trailer control. I used to own a Windstar, and my only observation was that it heeled over in corners.

So, is it going to wag left and right? Hopefully not with all those parts in the rear suspension. I expect it is designed for passenger loads more than trailering.

The new Chevrolet Silverado is going to have a V6 engine with 300 foot*pounds of torque. I am sure it could tow any RV I would want for years. Presumably , half ton pickup trucks are the choice for control when towing. However, they are kind of balky and may be too tall for our garage. Other Traverse owners have noted that the rear springs of the Traverse set down when the hitch is loaded, and that equalizer bars are a must. My trailer would be about 2800 pounds, so the tongue load would be moderate and manageable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts