Traverse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I live in NY and I want to know who in their right minds would pick the hideous colors shown on the new NY plates are? What color Traverse or accessories would you buy to hide this embarrassment?

Not only that, but in NY you have to have 2 plates. My lord double the "pleasure."

·
Registered
202 Posts
We luckily skirted under that rule when we bought ours this past month since we were transferring plates from our '07 Trailblazer that we traded in.

It's probably only a matter of time until all with the white plates have to turn them in (of course, pay a fee to have them destroyed too!) and get the brown/orange ones issued.

I agree, I think they are hideous.

Seems like a throwback to 1973-1986 colors in a way.

·
Registered
232 Posts
has to be the ugliest in the country. What was wrong with the ones they had? Would love to hear what some idiot politician came up with as to the reason for the change. All this does is cause people to waste more money.

·
Registered
202 Posts
CGIM5804 said:
has to be the ugliest in the country. What was wrong with the ones they had? Would love to hear what some idiot politician came up with as to the reason for the change. All this does is cause people to waste more money.
Governer Patterson. Without this thread turning into a political discussion, NYS is scrambling to find any money they can, the state is nearly bankrupt, and the budget for next year is 4+ months overdue.

By deciding to switch up the plates, it's an additional revenue stream for the DMV, aka the government.

That is all the politics I would like to objectively state in this thread. ;)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sorry NY guys, yup, that is ugly as sin! I am SOOOO glad MI does not require a front plate. I guess I would have to add a front plate if MI required it, but I would not put it on my weekend car because I don't want the holes in the bumper!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Those look like they will blend in perfectly to most of the cars in NYC. That is the Yellow Taxi's. :happy:

·
Registered
47 Posts
i sold my old truck outright and took the plates with me. Dealer slapped them on and i'm all set for now. The white ones are beat to :angryfire: and scratched but they still look 10000000000x better than the gold ones.

Here's a funny. I got my ATV registration renewal in the mail the other day and it gave three options. 1) keep my old white plate ($12.50), 2) new gold plate with new numbers ($25), and 3) new gold plate with the same numbers ($45). Hmmmmmm which do you think i chose. :drunk:

·
Registered
551 Posts
When MI changed their plate (from blue to white & blue) you HAD to get a new plate. So NY is giving you the option to keep your standard plate or pay more for a butt ugly plate? Seems like a dumb idea, who would get a new one!

·
Registered
417 Posts
The purpose of the colors is better visibility in more lighting conditions. You'll appreciate that if you ever get hit by the proverbial truck...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Narg said:
The purpose of the colors is better visibility in more lighting conditions. You'll appreciate that if you ever get hit by the proverbial truck...
Yes because if I dont see a truck coming and I am about to pull out in front of it, the 6"x12" plate will shimmer in the morning light and I will see it. Our plates are white, but are reflective.... somehow I can see it just fine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Come to Illinois where, it is said, our plates are still made by our ex-governors.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Good one MartinC!

For years Texas believed in vanilla license plates. Now you can get all manner of special plates showing Alma Mater, support of various groups, and a number of tribute plates to things peculiar to Texas. But, the standard plate they issues is, finally, attractive in it's own right. We also have to have a front plate, too.

I might add that this latest plate is the first one in Texas that isn't embossed (stamped with raised letters and numbers) This one is strictly a print job with reflective coatings. Looks okay, I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree.... it's to receive more income. However, they tax us on everything under the sun anyway. I am surprised they haven't found a toll to charge us to use a public restroom. Paterson don't even think about it!

If I could I would definitely leave this god for saken state. I am sick and tired of all the tax money lining the politicians pockets. There is just no way to save when they tax tax tax.

Reason why Paterson doesn't care what these ugly a$$ plates look like is that he's blind. Nice cover up 8)

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I like the Ontario plates. Blue letter on white background. Simple and clean look. You can also get a logo on your plate, if you pay extra, and the money goes to that association ie. Fire Department, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Blue Jays, Scoots club, etc)

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I would have to agree I don’t care for the color either.

:eek: Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts