Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Traverse owners!

I'm a new silver Traverse owner as the title states. Needless to say, got it for the wife and kids. I've got nothing but great things to say about this vehicle. I purchased the LS model as I was restricted due to the "Drive A Clean Machine" Texas program where you're granted a $3000 voucher toward the purchase of a new vehicle if and when you meet all the requirements. You're eligible to get an extra $500 for a total of $3500 in the event you buy a hybrid model.

I met all the requirements from my end (used a 97 Camry) and the only thing left was to find a vehicle under $25 K as this is also part of the requirements. A tough feat most definitely but still doable given the fact that I'm now an owner of one.

My wife fell in love with this vehicle after having test drove it and seen all the room it boasted after having done the same with the competition, even with GM's very own Tahoe and Yukon...overall, the Traverse was the best value and fit our needs to a "T". She, without question, wanted the LT for obvious reasons....even as bare as it could get mainly in part to the color-coded mirrors and mody-side moulding that lunges out at you but there was no way the dealer could get it under $25K selling price, not even if we were to pay the difference. The stipulations in the program clearly stated that the selling price could be no more than $25K, tax notwithstanding.

One other great thing about this program is that it gives you tax savings, albeit a few hundred dollars, it's still some bucks saved. Instead of them charging me tax on $24,950 after all the dealer/mfg. deductions....I wasn't charged tax until after the voucher came into play, in essence meaning I only got taxed at $21,950.

The LS was all we could walk away with, but considering it all....I still feel it was a steal. Afterall, market price for it is $30,000.

Sticker price:----------------- $30,288
- Difference in invoice:-------- $27,950 ($2,338)
- Supplier Discount: ---------- $27,200 ($750)
- Rebates:--------------------$24,950 ($2,250) **SELL PRICE**
- Voucher (Taxable Total):-----$21,950 ($3,000)
+ Taxes & Fees:-------------- $23,573 ($1,623)
---------------------------------------------------
Total:-------------------------$23,573

Not bad IMO. What say you?

I want to add some OEM mods to this baby as the wife is pretty adamant about having those color coded mirrors with turn signal and the body side molding. If we'd decided the get the LT, we'd of missed out on the voucher (adding $3000 to what we pay) and also $3000 difference to cover invoice price. Since these are the only gleaming difference annoying my wife.....paying for these ourselves for that LT look isn't bad. I know the pair for the mirrors are $500, minus installation. The body-side molding I'm unsure as to how much that runs but I figure pretty close to that of the mirrors.

My concern is whether it's even feasible to add these color-coded OEM mirrors to an LS from an electrical compatability standpoint. I think it will but am unsure.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
very nice..
maybe it will be as easy as the Trailblazer owner... they simpl buy the mirror turn signals on ebay- and put them in.. the wiring is already in place.
(the TB mirrors the lower portion can unscrew) I dont know about the Traverse.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrads,

You can add the factory running boards for $550.00 + tax or if you can get them a invoice they are $385.00 and only take about an hour to install at home. I got mine for $385.00 due to the dealer misinforming me that all LT2 have a towing package when in fact mine did not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ya great steal! I'm looking now and found one (LS) around my hometown for $24,600ish. Hopefully get some good discounts being Active Duty and some other incentives. I talked to a salesman who was selling one for $28k and told me around @$2000 for Military disc. then another $2000 for employee discount or just some incentive not too sure but that brought it down to $24k so i could just imagine the good deals for the one that started at$24! Congrats again good deal

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do you like the LS? We loved it for the family, having room for 8. I felt comfortable enough in the third row so i know my family would too. We're really looking at the LS because it has everything that we wanted. But still going back and forth on going up a class but we only are looking for the dual climate zone. Everything else we really dont care for. We are 50/50 on leather. Its easier to clean but again, don't need it. But then we're looking at the cooled/heated seats for leather. Is that available for the LT1? I'll put it this way, if the dual climate zone is available for the LS, then thats for sure what we're getting.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and to Traverse heaven :)

Where I'd start is back at the dealership. They may be able to add at least a few of the factory, or factory like items that you'd like from the LT line.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
islandpride003 said:
How do you like the LS? We loved it for the family, having room for 8. I felt comfortable enough in the third row so i know my family would too. We're really looking at the LS because it has everything that we wanted. But still going back and forth on going up a class but we only are looking for the dual climate zone. Everything else we really dont care for. We are 50/50 on leather. Its easier to clean but again, don't need it. But then we're looking at the cooled/heated seats for leather. Is that available for the LT1? I'll put it this way, if the dual climate zone is available for the LS, then thats for sure what we're getting.
Loving it! Aside from the color-coded mirrors and body-side molding...and perhaps the ebony cloth, all is great. Except for the ebony cloth, both color-boded mirros with turn signal and body-side molding can be added on, I'm sure.

The LS does have dual climate control, but not for the driver/front passenger having their own though. It's dual climate in terms of the driver/passenger having their controls and the rear having their own. The factory wheels with silver wheel covers look nice, all things considered. I actually like them better than the 18" wheels that come with the LT.

Leather is easier to clean initially but through time, unless you care for it greatly, wrinkles will begin to house dirt and other debris which ultimately stain those wrinkles.....you also have the case in which they crack. That's no knock on leather....I love it myself but with 3 kids and car seats applying pressure to the actual upholstery incessantly.....I'd rather it be cloth. Mind you, it's a sporty cloth....not the fussy stuff or rat fur-like material. It feels great to be able to ride a vehicle that isn't common on the road thus far. Give it another year or 2 and they'll be all over the place.

This vehicle turns heads like crazy, as if the road is its catwalk or something. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts