Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone. My wife and I just traded her 2006 AWD Equinox in on a 2011 Cyber Grey 1LT AWD Traverse. I want to say how incredibly impressed we are with this vehicle so far. The space, the ride and the amenities are all very impressive. We have a very steep gravel driveway that we could never get up in the Equinox without some spinning of the tires. This vehicle walks up it with no spinning at all. We can actually stop half way up and then continue our climb without any spinning. Unbelievable! The backup camera and other safety features are very impressive as well.

Chevy should do a better job of advertising the optional second row captains chairs. Our growing family has been needing a bigger vehicle for a while now and decided to get a minivan due to the second row captains chairs making easy access to the third row seat. We were about to sign on the line for a Toyota Sienna when I happened to see a Traverse with the captains chairs. That was it... We were very excited about the opportunity to get a Chevy SUV/CUV with AWD and the seating config that we wanted (not to mention that we felt the vehicle was very attractive looking). After doing tons of online research and a test drive, we were sold. I cannot imagine a better upgrade for our family.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Congrats, I like the colour! ;)

We too are very pleased with the 2nd row captain chairs. We ordered it that way, because we knew that we wanted to have 3 children, which meant the oldest child would need to find an easy way into the back seat. So with advice from others, we got the 7 passenger.

I don't know what carseats are like in the USA, but here they are very very difficult to install properly, and once they are in, you can't slide the forward anymore. So now our daughter will be able to get into the back seat without climbing over anything.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. We also specifically went with the 2nd row captains chairs for easy access to the 3rd row for the kids. Previously we had a suburban with 2nd row bench and it turned into a PIA for them to get in and out of the 3rd row.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
nice. glad you saw that trav with captains....

in regards to your AWD nox vs the Trav going up---- you think its due to the Trav having Stability Control?
Im not sure if 06's came with Stab Control.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, we're loving the Traverse so far.

As far as the difference between the Nox AWD and that of the Traverse, I'm not entirely sure. Could be the stability control. The extra weight of the vehicle might help too. From what I've read online the intelligent AWD in the Traverse seems to be a MUCH better system than what was in our old Nox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts