Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our Traverse last week. Used 2010 LT-1 with 10500 miles. Total financed was 27.5K. Got the dealer to throw in reupholster in black leather, which turned out excellent. We didn't know about the difference in LT1 and LT2 when we were shopping, they told us that it had Bluetooth, and obviously it doesn't, that was a bit of a disappointment when we got home with it. We are loving it so far. We upgraded from a Mazda 5, and it is so much roomier. This is actually our first American car we have ever owned. That was the ONLY thing I was hesitant about with the Traverse, here's hoping the overall reliability matches the other Japanese cars we have owned. We are averaging around 15 MPG right now, a bit disappointing, but we will live with it. Thanks for the great forum, look forward to participating.

·
Registered
551 Posts
You were hesitant about buying an american car :banghead:

I would rather walk than drive a Japanese car! But to each their own. You will LOVE the Traverse, it is a great suv.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree with my learned colleague, Tiestosteele, about the bad rap American cars have had. I differ a little in that I have owned Japanese cars (see Miata listed for me below) and I've owned a dozen or so European cars. Not only that, but I travel a bit for business. I've visited and driven in something over thirty foreign countries and have rented a dizzying assortment of fleet cars and camels (okay, I'm kidding about the camels.)

Whatever may have been the case back in the 70s, 80s, and that era, American cars today -- with a few exceptions named Sebring -- are, and have been for many years, on par or better than cars the world over. The perception that American cars aren't reliable has been slow to die, but new cars like the Traverse, the CTS, the LaCrosse, the new Taurus, to name just a few, are proof enough of the world-class quality of American cars.

I agree with Tiestosteele in another area, too: You made a great choice in Traverse; you're going to love it.

A warm welcome to the forum! :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts