Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife decided she needed something larger than her Buick Encore for hauling son's dog(when we're dog sitting), groceries, or garden stuff around. My 04 F-350 King Ranch is too large for her to comfortably get in to or drive. I had a '13 Yukon she liked (it was 3rd car) the ride of for long trips(cross country) but it was a bit too big for her.

She found a Red 2019 LT she liked and it was delivered y'day. No hitch, so I have to put one on, and wire it up for lights, oil cooler, and H.D. Cooling, tow/haul (wiring/switch). I finally figured out most of the phone and bluetooth garbage. ( My idea of a loaded car is one with Crank up windows, a Heater, and an AM/FM radio (5 push/pull buttons for presets) and Full gauges (no idiot lights). My kids call me a Technology Neanderthal (my home stereo gear all has tubes and all manual operation(grandkids are remotes). GAWD! This car practically does everything but wipe my backsides.

It'll get used for light towing (open utility trailer 5x10) with a GVWR of 3500# for her garden stuff, or whatever else she decides to pull with it within it's capability. Aint the 1st car I've added stuff to a vehicle to enhance it's tow capacity. But this will be the 1st one newer than 1995.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

So far she loves it. I'm on the fence but I'm tending to the like side.

Larry

·
Registered
212 Posts
Pay close attention to maintenance. These are not the same as the older vehicles for those who try to stretch their intervals. I have a 2012 Soul and had at 2001 Astro that my 2016 Traverse replaced and was amazed by the changes in needs to keep things gong well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pay close attention to maintenance. These are not the same as the older vehicles for those who try to stretch their intervals. I have a 2012 Soul and had at 2001 Astro that my 2016 Traverse replaced and was amazed by the changes in needs to keep things gong well.
Thanks. I maintain vehicles at the local VFD(I'm retired and need something to get out of house,LOL) and I'm a maintenance hog anyway, (with the 25' Travel trailer and F-350) so it's nothing really new. The last "new" car I bought was an '89 G-20 conversion Van. BIG Difference in the electronics loads. My other hobby is vintage Audio (mainly tube and point to point wiring, I don't like Solid state much! Guess I'm showing my age, LOL!) So I'm familiar with schematics and wiring, soldering, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
73 Posts
Make sure you spend some time reading various threads. You will find there are a few people here who are extremely knowledgeable, lots of good information, and lots of questions answered. I'm sure you will enjoy it here!! And welcome from Spartan Country, Michigan!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts