Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please take a moment to check out (and test out) our newest feature - an integrated Photo and media gallery! In the main navigation bar between Messages and Members, you now have a new option, called Gallery. Clicking that will take you to the main Gallery page, where you can see other member galleries, view, rate and comment on their photos and manage your own photo albums.

To create your own photo album:

1) Click on the Gallery link in the main nav section to get to the Gallery page
2) Click on "My Albums" link on the far right
3) Click on 'New Album" to create an album
4) From there, you're only required to give it a name. You can leave the rest of the settings alone if you want, or you can tweak them. It allows control of things like sort order, set who can read (or even write) to your album, even set a password if you really want to keep your photos private. (you can also go back and edit these options later) Click Submit.

That's it! Your first album will be created and you'll go back to your "My Albums" view. Under your newly created album, you'll have a link to "add an item to this album". Click that to upload your first photo - you can upload a file from your PC to the gallery, or link to an external image URL if the file is already online somewhere. (There's also a 'mass upload' link if you want to upload more than 1 file at a time.)

You aren't limited to photos, though. You can also add youtube videos, PDFs, text files and more. Give it a try today and help me test it out. Please let me know if you have any issues with the new gallery feature. Enjoy!

NOTE: For files that you upload, you are limited to 2 MB, which is a server file limit I have no control over. If your images are bigger than that, you'll need to shrink them first.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In addition, this update also "auto-embeds" a TON of links from all over the web. For example, if you put a youtube video link here, it will automatically embed the actual video file right in your post for you. It should work with the vast majority of video, photo and audio sites on there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok guys, I've added a 'random 5 gallery photos' block to the homepage. Please let me know if you find it useful, annoying or otherwise have issues with it. I've put the vertical list on this site on the right side and the more prominent horizontal list across the top at www.acadiaforum.net - Please let me know which one you guys would prefer here.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
My personal preference is the acadiaforum's setup. I like the page to look more balanced, so having them across the top looks better to me. Plus I will more likely see them across the top, I don't always scroll down that low on the homepage.

Can we get the towing/hauling section added back in???

Regards,

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, acadiaforum is voting for the side view, you're voting for the top view. I need to switch them I guess :) I'll wait a bit for more opinions.

There simply wasn't enough traffic to warrant all those individual tech section categories. But we're starting to grow so I could add some of them as child boards to the tech section. That will give them time to grow before we move them into full fledged top level boards. I'll try to get to that today.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MORE GALLERY TIPS:

1) In the Gallery Navigation, there's an 'Unseen' button that lets you view all the photos you haven't seen yet in one place. There's also a "mark all seen" button on the left if you don't want to look at every one, but want the number to zero out.

2) You can sort the gallery in all kinds of ways. Look on the right, just below the gallery navigation line, you'll see the ability to sort by Id, title, date, views and ratings, ascending or descending. So to sort by newest entries first, for example, you can click on 'Date' then 'Descending'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts