Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Finding the metal C-channels and crossbars for 1st Gen's appears to be very difficult these days, from postings I've read here. You either need to get them from a junk yard, or go with something after-market that doesn't rely on the GM rack.

·
Registered
2015 LTZ
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finding the metal C-channels and crossbars for 1st Gen's appears to be very difficult these days, from postings I've read here. You either need to get them from a junk yard, or go with something after-market that doesn't rely on the GM rack.
Amazon has a nice selection. Some look OEM > Pair OE Style Aluminum Car Roof Rack Rail Cross Bars Top Luggage Cargo Carrier Replacement for Chevy Traverse 09-17 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KCD4CPF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_05K6V92SERF4F5RHTPXE

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
you need these metal rails... known as the c channels--- to be able to use the cross bars.
(the c channels were standard on ALL traverse in 2009 whether you ordered the cross bars or not. Early build 2010's had them standard. then mid year or so- they were removed from all models).
If you wanted cross bars, you ordered a kit. there was 2 kits available at the time.
kit 1- was only the cross bars. (fit 2009 and the early 2010s)
kit 2- had the cross bars AND the c-channels- which was suitable for all Traverse without the factory c channels.

here are some aftermarker c-channels

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
here is a whole kit.
I dont know the quality of these-- as these are aftermarket.
There may be some original OEM whole kits out there.

·
Registered
2015 LTZ
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2015 LTZ
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts