Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a new beautiful 2023 Traverse LT 8 passenger (needed the bench for my giant dogs.) And, side note - all the dealerships told me the LT 8 passenger did not exist and I had to find one on my own.

I do not like the look of the official chevy part/dealer crossbars for the roof rails. They are raised up very high and they are not flush with the rails. Every time I see a Traverse with the cross bars installed I hate it! Is there a reason for this? Would flush rails not raise up high enough to clear the back antenna? I don't want to get something that won't work but I'm going to leave the rails on all the time and I don't want to look at ugly rails all the time.

Has anyone found something else that works? I have a coupon for 20% off at REI so I am hoping I can pick up something there that will work. Has anyone found another option that works? I searched the forum but couldn't find anything. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have not seen any other crossbars except the OEM ones, which I installed on our 2022. IMO, I think they look pretty good, but to each his own. Just a word of advice, the 22-23 roof rails are different from the 19-21 roof rails and the crossbars will not interchange, so anyone (like ebay) telling you their crossbars fit a 19-23 Traverse is wrong.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey. Congrats on the new Traverse. So I'm not sure if something like these would work on the newer models but I bought two different size Thule's for my 2019 and they've been great. Low profile and good looking enough that I just leave em on. I believe the reason for the high profile OEM style crossbars was to account for/clear the vehicle's sunroof but they never bothered making a diff lower profile set for non sunroof models. Not the greatest pic but you can see how unobtrusive they are.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not seen any other crossbars except the OEM ones, which I installed on our 2022. IMO, I think they look pretty good, but to each his own. Just a word of advice, the 22-23 roof rails are different from the 19-21 roof rails and the crossbars will not interchange, so anyone (like ebay) telling you their crossbars fit a 19-23 Traverse is wrong.
Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts