Traverse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya everyone! I bought a new Traverse yesterday and will pick it up tomorrow when I get the paperwork finished.

I spent all day today (Sunday) looking over various Traverse/Lambda websites.

I am a long-time lurker on Trailvoy.com since I have a 2003 Trailblazer.

In any event I was wondering who set this forum up. It seems to have some similarities to other Lambda forums out there.

I did some searching around on this website and couldn't find out if this site is enthusiast-run or controlled by the manufacturer.

I don't really care one way or another as long as the member base is good. But, I would like to find an inclusive forum (even though I probably won't post much) where everyone can speak their minds.

Thanks!

Trick414

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hello and welcome. You are going to enjoy your new Traverse.

Maybe the admin can answer this better, however I do not believe this site is run by someone who has any affiliation with GM in any way. However I do not know why he/she started these forums, or for that matter what car they own?

Other sites I believe that are run by the same person are acadiaforum.net, enclaveforum.net, saturnoutlookforum.net. There are a couple other Traverse forums out there, I personally like this one best.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
welcome...
This is also my favorite Traverse site.
But you will find that if you CROSS surf the acadia, enclave, outlook forums (links on the upper right) you will find that you learn alot as many questions they have- are similar to what we have.... just like the trailblazer/envoy.
But I have noticed that the Lambdas are much closer to each other--- than the Envoy is to the Trailblazer.

Im also a long time user over at trailvoy- as I too have a 2003 Trailblazer- thats now up to 153,000.
Im the one that made the Fuel Pump, Thermostat, and Rear end diff how to's over there.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
yeah-- I have noticed that...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a couple of Trailblazer before I got the Traverse they were ok but the Traverse is awhole lot more car so far anyway. I only have 5000 miles but could not be happier.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I looked at Trailblazers almost every time I car shopped. I could never get past what you got vs what they cost. I know the markup in Canada was also real bad on them and they had base prices way over what the Traverse was at.

The Traverse for me so far has been a great bang for the buck...

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
nbat said:
I still think a Trailblazer type body on a Traverse platform (AWD, motor, etc) would be great.
The Traverse would lose it's ride on a frame like the Trailblazer used.

The big thing is all the under pining they did has made the Traverse so much stronger underneath losing the frame we gained more than we lost. IE some of the towing capacity as it dropped some from the Trailblazers to the Traverse.

The gains in stability / ride / ride noise are really improved.

I almost expect GM's next rendition of the midsized trucks to loose their frames as well.

·
Registered
417 Posts
BigBlueTraverse said:
I almost expect GM's next rendition of the midsized trucks to loose their frames as well.
I wondered that too, but seeing some of the failures of the Honda body-on-frame mid-sized pickup I think it will be quite a bit longer. I remember reading where one magazine road test review literally tore up the truck doing a normal small truck dirt road test they do to every small/mid sized truck they write a review about. The dealership wouldn't repair it under warranty either.

One thing to note is that one of the Traverse's selling point on body is that it has a new construction that actually includes "partial frames" near the wheel wells to improve body stiffness and increase payload ability. It's one of the reasons the Traverse has a best-in-class towing rating. Maybe with improvements like this, a change in mid-sized pickups could happen. Anybody's guess at this point.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The MSRP on the TrailBlazer LS was very close to the MSRP on the Traverse LS. Trouble is, the Traverse dropped some of the items that were "standard" on the TrailBlazer. So, dollar wise, the TrailBlazer had more bang for the buck, item for item.

Bob

·
Registered
67 Posts
But the Trailblazer had the two piece rear hatch plus a rear window you could see out of. Also much easier to get in and out of. Seats are about 2 inches higher of the floor. I like our Traverse but there would always be a place in the garage for a Trailblazer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Everyone is talking about the Trailblazer...just curious, who has replaced their Uplander or Venture (or other GM mini-van) with the Traverse?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rbarrios said:
welcome...
This is also my favorite Traverse site.
But you will find that if you CROSS surf the acadia, enclave, outlook forums (links on the upper right) you will find that you learn alot as many questions they have- are similar to what we have.... just like the trailblazer/envoy.
But I have noticed that the Lambdas are much closer to each other--- than the Envoy is to the Trailblazer.

Im also a long time user over at trailvoy- as I too have a 2003 Trailblazer- thats now up to 153,000.
Im the one that made the Fuel Pump, Thermostat, and Rear end diff how to's over there.
Yes, I've read many hundreds (thousands?) of your posts on trailvoy!

Thanks everyone else for the welcome.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bobg1951chevy said:
The MSRP on the TrailBlazer LS was very close to the MSRP on the Traverse LS. Trouble is, the Traverse dropped some of the items that were "standard" on the TrailBlazer. So, dollar wise, the TrailBlazer had more bang for the buck, item for item.

Bob
Interesting. I found it exactly opposite. My 2003 TB MSRP was 30.2k.

The Traverse I bought was 36.3k, and had MANY more options. Taking in the 7 year difference, I think the price is at the very least a wash.

In many ways my TB was a great vehicle, but I also had numerous problems with it that got me worrying at 7years/94k miles.

I think it will probably be a good vehicle for someone for the next several years and 50k miles, but I felt like it was at that point in life to either trade it and get a few bucks out of it or keep it and eat any problems if it went south.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I did like the opening glass on the rear hatch of the Trailblazer...
especially with dogs--- they would pop their heads out- and thats it...
With the Traverse--- you open the hatch- and they think its their cue to get off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Trick414 said:
In any event I was wondering who set this forum up. It seems to have some similarities to other Lambda forums out there.

I did some searching around on this website and couldn't find out if this site is enthusiast-run or controlled by the manufacturer.

I don't really care one way or another as long as the member base is good. But, I would like to find an inclusive forum (even though I probably won't post much) where everyone can speak their minds.
The admin has an Acadia - it was the first site in this group. The admin is not in with GM that I know of. If you look at the bottom of each of the sites you will find topics reguarding the other Lambdas that were discussed in that site. You will find as rbarrios mentioned many answers on the other sites that might apply to your Traverse. Register on the other sites as well and jump in the discussions. Be sure to include your signature with what you have. I am the moderator on the Saturn site - even though I own an Acadia (had an Outlook first). Welcom to the forum!!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I will tell you the members from the US get such better deals on you cars. I know they tell us Canadians Oh duties , exchange rates, import paper work BLA BLA BLA...

But it never justified the differences. I had Friends who lived in Canada but worked in the US and would buy and import their cars back to Canada and save 8 to 10 K . One of my Friends saved 30 K on his BMW a car he could not afford to by here.

Trailblazers here with just the few options I wanted always ran well in the 40 to 45K Mark here.

Gm seems to have change up their game with the Traverse because the dollar difference in the base is not as bad. There is only a 5 K gap now between the US base and Canadian base prices.

Not that you can't still go crazy and you can option a LTZ here and run the price into the 50 K mark easy.

So that is just how I justified my Bang for the buck statement ha ha...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Narg said:
I wondered that too, but seeing some of the failures of the Honda body-on-frame mid-sized pickup I think it will be quite a bit longer. I remember reading where one magazine road test review literally tore up the truck doing a normal small truck dirt road test they do to every small/mid sized truck they write a review about. The dealership wouldn't repair it under warranty either.

One thing to note is that one of the Traverse's selling point on body is that it has a new construction that actually includes "partial frames" near the wheel wells to improve body stiffness and increase payload ability. It's one of the reasons the Traverse has a best-in-class towing rating. Maybe with improvements like this, a change in mid-sized pickups could happen. Anybody's guess at this point.
http://www.insideline.com/honda/ridgeline/2006/long-term-test-2006-honda-ridgeline.html
Edmunds.com had all four struts in their Ridgeline break over 50 miles of driving at 10-15 mph on a dirt road. Honda did repair the damage, but they claimed the Edmunds employee must have been driving much faster than 15 mph.

In terms of its 1500 pound bed rating or 5000 pound tow capacity, I've heard rumors but never read a confirmed case where anyone had a problem.
The Ridgeline they added a fully boxed frame to their unibody platform. The frame is supposed to be pretty solid, the real limit is the four wheel independent suspension with its struts instead of something more rugged.

Unibody can be rugged - the unibody Volkswagen Touareg is supposed to be a really solid vehicle. It can tow 7700 pounds. On the other hand, it's so rugged that you don't save any weight over body-on-frame. The Touareg is smaller than a Chevy Tahoe and weighs like 200 pounds less.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts